Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2013 1:43:19 PM EDT
I am looking at getting scopes for the 2 rifles I have built. The three I'm looking at are the Nikon P-223, Leupold VX-1, and Leopuld Rifleman. All three of these are 3-9x40 scopes. The Nikon is $187 and the Leopulds are $229. A friend of mine has the Nikon on his rifle and it shoots and looks great. I was just wondering if the Leupolds were worth the extra $42. Or should I just wait for wally world to get the centerpoint scope set back in stock . Your alls input would be great. Thanks
Link Posted: 11/28/2013 2:04:40 PM EDT
[#1]
All 3 are good ones, I would go with the Leupold, for just a few more bucks.
Link Posted: 11/28/2013 2:12:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I would get the Leupod VX1 cause its much lighter at 11 ounces.
Link Posted: 11/28/2013 3:23:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies I still don't know which one to get, but I'm leaning toward the VX-1. I know the Nikon works, but I wanna try something different on my rifles.
Link Posted: 11/28/2013 3:37:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks for the replies I still don't know which one to get, but I'm leaning toward the VX-1. I know the Nikon works, but I wanna try something different on my rifles.
View Quote
The vx1 is very simple.

The p223 is also nice if you want turrets and a bdc reticle.
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 6:43:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Leupod VX1 without a doubt. I have a Nikon Monarch and it is a great scope but it doesn't compare to Leupold's clarity. VX-1 has 1/4 MOA tool-less adjustments and a good multi-coat on the glass. The Rifleman line from Leupold never seemed to fit IMO. It has 1/2 MOA adjustments and I don't think it has a quality multicoat like the all other Leupolds.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:55:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Update I got the Leopuld VX-1. I am very impressed with this scope. The eye relief is great and the glass is alot clearer then my buddies Nikon P-223. The Nikon has gone down in price to $149 since I bought my Leopuld. Looking through both scopes I think it is worth the $80 for the Leopuld. Can't wait for the weekend to sight this in. A crappy cell phone pic, is better then no pics.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:00:19 PM EDT
[#7]
VX-1.  Avoid the Rifleman and the Nikon.  Nothing "wrong" with them, but the VX-1 has better glass and is more rugged.

Edit:  I see you got it.  I think you will be very happy with it, not just now, but many years later.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top