Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/30/2004 4:39:10 AM EST
Hi guys!

I know EA lowers are cast. There is absolutely no need to rehash the whole cast vs forged debate.

However, I recently bought a pre-94 EA stripped lower. When it arrived the magazine sidewalls were wildly distorted. There was some bulging on the right side, and the left side was dramatically bowed out (on the order of 3/16").

I placed an upper on this lower. When looking down from the top towards the bottom (parallel to the magazine body) the middle of the magazine well side wall protrudes enough that the entire thickness of the side wall sticks out beyond the upper!!!

Is this sort of bulging and distortion typical of Essential Arms lower?!

BTW: I have contacted the seller, and we have arranged to return the lower. I am thankful that there are still some decent people around......

Frozenny
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 4:43:38 AM EST
No this is not typical. It sounds like you just got a lemon. Now the "pattern" for the EA isn't milspec either. It's something they came up with on their own.

IPSC_GUY
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:47:03 AM EST

Originally Posted By frozenny:

BTW: I have contacted the seller, and we have arranged to return the lower. I am thankful that there are still some decent people around......

Frozenny

That's ironic. I would say that a decent person would not try to sell a lower with such obvious problems.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:50:14 AM EST
Maybe the guy Kb'd an upper on this lower. That sounds weird. I had a really early Essential reciever it was out of spec. But what was out of spec was how far back the buffer detent hole was drilled. They replaced it under warranty.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:51:55 AM EST
The EA's I have owned /seen are fine no bulged mag wells or the like. Sounds like it may have had a Kaboom, (where the mag blows out) often the mag well will bulge.) This is just seculation btw..
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:15:48 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/30/2004 6:20:56 AM EST by RCSTZ71]

Originally Posted By ian187:

That's ironic. I would say that a decent person would not try to sell a lower with such obvious problems.

It just happens that I am that person..... And I did not know the mag well was out of spec or I would have never sold it without disclosing that information.

The lower was given to me buy a friend whose grandfather died and he said he would never use it so he gave it to me, hints why I was not trying to sell the lower for some outrageous sum of money.

Frozenny and I have worked out the details to return the lower and I am making arrangement to refund his money.

Mike

BTW no KABOOMS on my end, I've had the lower for less than one year, I used it in FDCC matches for about 3 months, It always functioned perfectly for me, Ask the FDCC guys, My gun never had any malfunctions.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:29:14 AM EST
Hi Guys:

Please do not let this degrade into a bashing session. I have contacted the seller, and he has been 101% cooperative. No complaints on my end what so ever. I wish everyone were so easy to deal with...

The post was concerning Essential Arms reciever quality. I'd still like to hear more comments on EA lowers if you have information. Please do not bash the seller. That is NOT was this post was about, and I, the buyer, the one with money on the line, have no complaints regarding the seller.

Thanks

Frozenny
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:29:46 AM EST
EA is running ads in Shotgun News, why not give them a call. I am at work so I don't have a SGN here or I'd give you their number.

Bill
Top Top