Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2009 12:06:08 AM EST
I have a Tapco T6 collapsible stock on my AR that had alot of slop in it. I put a layer of electrical tape on the top and sides of my buffer tube/receiver extension and the sloppy is about 99% gone. The stock is alil hard to slide but the annoying slop/rattle is gone.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 7:36:48 AM EST
sounds like a quick solution, but what happens in the heat or cold when that tape lifts up and you have to adjust the stock...its bound to bind up
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 7:32:54 PM EST
It's tapco. Throw it out and buy another.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 11:42:53 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/11/2009 11:43:13 PM EST by blasterrider88]
I plan to get a new stock. I`m gonna get a mil-spec buffer tube kit from BCM but I cant decide if I want a Magpul CTR or an LMT SOPMOD.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:42:02 AM EST
I had tried this before with my CAR-15, and over time, the tape would come up, and jam the stock along the tube.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 8:45:18 AM EST
I aint worried about it. I`ll get a Magpul CTR and Mil-Spec buffer tube kit pretty soon anyway.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 10:30:26 AM EST
Originally Posted By blasterrider88:
I aint worried about it. I`ll get a Magpul CTR and Mil-Spec buffer tube kit pretty soon anyway.

Let us know how you like the Magpul CTR. I have been considering the same for my Colt 6920/M4, and have read that it pretty solid for collaspable stock.

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 10:33:36 AM EST
I have not read a bad review on a Magpul CTR so I`m sure I`ll be happy with it when I get one.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 4:01:30 AM EST
I used several coats of VHT epoxy paint. Problem is that it takes forever to cure! Great nearly indestructible paint though. I have even used it on my 870, and my leaky radiator.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:47:36 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/13/2009 6:48:38 AM EST by lamarbrog]

Originally Posted By blasterrider88:
I plan to get a new stock. I`m gonna get a mil-spec buffer tube kit from BCM but I cant decide if I want a Magpul CTR or an LMT SOPMOD.

I would just get the BCM receiver extension, and the MOE stock from MagPul. The MOE is much more sturdy than a USGI, looks good, fits the shoulder better, has a no-slip rubber butt-pad, and is considerably cheaper than the CTR stock.

It is what I've got on my rifle (MOE)... I've felt the CTR stocks... When locked down, they can be a little more wobble-free. But, the MOE is so tight to begin with, it isn't worth the additional cost to get the CTR, in my opinion.

BCM receiver extensions are great.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:03:03 AM EST
I have a couple MOEs on commercial tubes and a MOE on a mil spec tube. The commercial ones have the same slop as the original collapsible. The mil spec one is nice and tight.

I though about taking a bit of JB Weld and putting a bit on the insides of the stocks. Then taking a file to them to make them fit tighter. It will probably be a while before I try it, but will post results.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:46:41 PM EST
Use packing tape, the clear stuff you use to tape up a box.

Take the innards of paracord, put them in the crease toward the bottom part of the buffer, where the round part meets the square part (when looking from the back).

Put the packing tape over that, and it will tighten up the stock. If its too much, use less paracord guts.

Done and done, tight lockup.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:14:42 PM EST
Originally Posted By gee223:
I used several coats of VHT epoxy paint. Problem is that it takes forever to cure! Great nearly indestructible paint though. I have even used it on my 870, and my leaky radiator.

I had an M4 stock laying around that I decided to put on my dedicated .22LR gun. I used some Brownell's Coyote Aluma-Hyde II (also an epoxy paint) to paint the stock. The little bit that made it into the area where the receiver extension goes made the stock a bit tighter. Overall, I'm pleased.
Top Top