Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2003 4:25:52 PM EDT
i recently bought a 16" barrel from olympic arms....unfortunately it cannot produce decent groups while using M193 WCC ammos..   im wondering if i have the crowning modified will make it improve...any experinces with this guys?

thanks
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 5:03:09 PM EDT
[#1]
What size groups is it producing with this ammo? How many shots in the group? What distance are you shooting at? To obtain match grade accuracy you just about need match grade ammo. Garbage in, garbage out. Most military ammo is not known for tremendous accuracy. There are also other factors that contribute to better accuracy. Better trigger, better sights, etc. etc.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 4:37:42 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks rebel-rifle for the reply,       im using miltary WCC winchester M193 ammo, i usually use this and obtain very nice groups...but this particular is giving me headache....3-4" of grouping and always a flier..im suspecting also if this is due to breaking-in period.....but as of now i already consumed 300 rds. in testing it  :-<

Link Posted: 10/6/2003 5:42:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Get some better ammo. Using military ammo for accuracy judgement is not going to be good enough. Find some Black Hills match ammo or re-load some working up to your best loads and using match grade bullets.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top