Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2009 8:18:14 PM EDT
it looks like the magpul followers are no-go in striaght 20's, but will the green ones work ok or are the metal followers fine. these will be for a percision build. thanks
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:46:38 PM EDT
[#1]
The Magpul followers will work but you have to cut down the front leg a little bit.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:49:57 PM EDT
[#2]
didn't think of that. great idea, at less 2$ each worth it to me.    thanks
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 9:37:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Unless the alloy followers are broken there's not a reason in the world to change them.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:36:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

How is it worth it to buy somthing worse than you have? The alloy ones are better and don't cost anything.  You can send me the $2 each magazine you didn't waste on the downgrade.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:42:47 AM EDT
[#5]
What in the hell are you replacing the alloy followers for?
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:08:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What in the hell are you replacing the alloy followers for?

I'll be a little nicer to the OP.  

By replacing the followers, the only thing you are doing is compromising the reliability of your 20 round mags.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:56:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
it looks like the magpul followers are no-go in straight 20's, but will the green ones work ok or are the metal followers fine? these will be for a percision build. thanks

Before we slam the OP we need to remember exactly what he asked.

Yes, the original metal or plastic followers in the straight 20s are fine.  The gee-wizz, golly-wow, anti-tilt followers are for curved magazines.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:14:43 PM EDT
[#8]
just ordered 20's so i have never actually used them. i have a bunch of 30's that i am changing followers on (some are the old black ones) and didn't know if i should order some for the 20's or not bother. if the alloys are fine then one less thing for me to worry about. these are my first 20's so thought i would see first thats all.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:24:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Don't get caught up in the "Upgrade or die" mentality.  Somtimes the best things were desighned and manufactured decades ago, much to the dismay of current dealers and manufactures.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:25:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Don't get caught up in the "Upgrade or die" mentality.  Somtimes the best things were desighned and manufactured decades ago, much to the dismay of current dealers and manufactures.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top