Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/11/2004 5:00:47 PM EDT
I'm pretty happy with the way my BUIS turned out, but i'm not sure what to use to cover the bare metal.  i don't know how to use blueing, so i thought about just using flat black spray paint.  is this ok?  or should i go buy some blueing and learn how to do it?

thanks in advance!

[
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:03:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:27:22 PM EDT
[#2]
awesome!  thank you!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:46:55 PM EDT
[#3]
In addition to BC Alumninum Black, Brownell's flat black Alumahyde II also works very well.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:33:22 PM EDT
[#4]
1200 degree engine paint from WALMART, degrease the shit out of what ever you apply it to, paint, bake at 550 for three hours.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:25:52 PM EDT
[#5]
You cannot use bluing on aluminum.  You anodize aluminum.  It's very different.  It can be done at home but why bother?  The BUIS doesn't see the kind of wear necessary to justify it.

I vote for spray paint or some other spray-on surface coating.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:30:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You cannot use bluing on aluminum.  You anodize aluminum.  It's very different.  It can be done at home but why bother?  The BUIS doesn't see the kind of wear necessary to justify it.

I vote for spray paint or some other spray-on surface coating.

+1

Although anodizing at home can be an interesting endeavour
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:35:58 PM EDT
[#7]
well then...  

i guess i'll just spray paint the thing!
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:30:44 AM EDT
[#8]
I cut mine also...didnt realize it was a colt. O well. Im gonna grab some alumahyde.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top