Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2004 3:53:11 PM EDT
I have an A2 gov't profile barrel on one of my uppers with the usual markings : C MP 5.56 NATO 1/7.

However when I removed the handguards the other day, I noticed that near the midlength, under the gas tube, a number "885" is stamped on it.  What does this number mean? Some sort of lot number or code?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:34:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Made 8/85? A date stamp can sometimes be found near the front sight base. How old is the barrel/upper?

Mick
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:00:53 PM EDT
[#2]
The "885" isn't anywhere near the front sight base.  it's about midlength between the barrel nut and handguard retainer.

I have no idea when this upper was made, is there a sure way to tell?  It is new and unfired when I first got it, the manual that came with it is dated 1994, but te plastic wrap has may 03 on it...it's possible that neither the manual or wrap is original to the upper.  came with a crush washer tho.  that might tell something.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top