Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:43:34 PM EDT
[#1]
ibtl
airsoft?  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:50:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Now, I can't read Chinese, but I don't think that's an airsoft, I think it could be the latest case of reverse engineering from the folks that brought you the Norinco and Polytech flavors of M-14 and a lot of Lake City 1952 headstamped carbine ammo that never came from Lake City.

FWIW, a friend in 1st Group told me all that counterfeit USGI carbine ammo was meant to go into the Philippines to support M1/M2 carbine-armed Communist insurgents, the rifles themselves being Korean War battlefield pickups or ex-ARVN stock.

Can someone who CAN read Chinese straighten this out?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:55:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Yea it says:

dink dong cha haw ku my AR15 daa xing shung luvulongtime

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:56:39 PM EDT
[#4]
It consumes either SS109 or M193, so it's definitely not airsoft.  While I can't say that it's 100% milspec inside out, it is China's full-featured M4 copy made for the export market.  Too bad they're not importable into the US.  Otherwise, the appearance of $300 (my guess only) M4geries ought to be a shock to the market.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:59:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Me so HORNEY!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:07:11 PM EDT
[#6]
They stamp them with a Colt emblem and sell them for $1800 in the US

O.K., I'm taking cover now!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:07:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Is nothing sacred?  That looks like an ARMS 40 in the last pic, potential patent violation?  Do patents even apply to the Reds?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:08:30 PM EDT
[#8]
tag
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:11:31 PM EDT
[#9]
That is interesting.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:12:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Patents only work within a country or among countries that honor each other's patents.  Not sure about how international patent works, but I doubt if China seriously enforces such things.  Unless ARMS applied for and got patents in China, it's anyone's game.

IIRC, Colt's patents in the US have already expired.  So, it's anyone's game here as well for the carbine itself.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:17:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Is nothing sacred?  That looks like an ARMS 40 in the last pic, potential patent violation?  Do patents even apply to the Reds?

they are supposed to as far as I know.  They are doing this to everything.  Cars, boats, you name it.  Why buy an imported American car in china when you can get a replica made in china.  This happens.  Essentially china is run like a mob organiztion in that they just do what they want and laws be damned.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:21:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I rike it arot

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:30:56 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I rike it arot

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:54:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea it says:

That's funny.... though you're still a bastard for saying it!  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:24:36 PM EDT
[#15]
It looks like Norinco M4 to me.  Here is their other product (thanks to TheMadHatter here on Arf):

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:28:58 PM EDT
[#16]
The first pic's stuff is small and hard to read, but the last one says "remove the handle, on the receiver's Picatiney rails an apperture sight can be mounted"
Or something like that, shockingly informatitve

The first pic's bold characters say "China's M4, CQ 5.56mm A carbine"

On the 3rd pic (with M203 mounted), the bold characters say "China's new model CQ 5.56mm A carbine"

Apparently it's also got one of these ambidextrous magazine release too.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:39:44 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea it says:

Quoted:
Me so HORNEY!

Quoted:

Quoted:
I rike it arot

hr

hurt
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:06:16 PM EDT
[#18]
It seems www.QBQ.CN is Chinese ARFcom....

www.QBQ.CN

Chinese for smallarms.com

Founds a pic of the new chinese marpat------->
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:22:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Yeah guess so, but wtf do they have to talk about?  They can't own firearms, let alone AR15s.  Just about the only time they'll get to see one in person is when the Red Army troops point them in their direction  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:28:18 PM EDT
[#20]
IBTL.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:51:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Hate to break it to you but most asian countries' culture does not believe in intelectual property rights/trademarks/copyrights/patents.  China is the worst one of course but all of the other countries do or have done this exact same thing in recent history.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:56:38 PM EDT
[#22]
if I didn't read chinese I would say that's probably airsoft also...but according to the description it is certainly a real firearm and fires 5.56mm.

The pictures are also tell tale signs that the weapon pictured is in fact real.

And no, China as no regard to patents or intellectual propertie rights, it's a scumbag goverment.

What I want to know is, what do they plan on doing with this "M4" copy of theirs?  They can't exactly sell it internationally (unless it's to one of those terrorist nations that also don't regard patent rights).

And what does the chinese have anything to do with "NATO" spec weapon...

It makes me mad that the chinese (governmnet at that) are milking off of our intellectual properties, why doesn't Colt sue them already...

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:05:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Kim Jong Il says:

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:09:48 PM EDT
[#24]
IBTL
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:14:39 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
IBTL

IBTL for what reason...no nips or lips from what I could see

ohhhh I see why
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:15:24 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:18:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:40:16 PM EDT
[#28]
here's my best attempt at translation, there's really anything that you don't already know, the only thing I find interesting is that it comes with a ambidextrous mag release...also I noticed the forward assist is angled downward (to accompany small chinese hands?), similar to the new HK M4 upper.

Hope this answers some of your questions...
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:09:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Wow, they put on a ripoff of the ambidextrous mag catch.  (Norgon?  I think.)  I'm impressed.

Too bad their QC probably falls somewhere between "craptacular" and "asstastic"
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:40:10 PM EDT
[#30]
hit the sonicchat.com  site, that'll trip your trigger
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:50:01 PM EDT
[#31]
You really thing they're made crappy? You must've never shot one of those norinco M1a's or even one of their MAK90's.

Both are excellently made weapons.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:20:23 PM EDT
[#32]
ibtl

You eat like killa whale! Sign say aw you eat not you eat aw! You leave now!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:44:55 PM EDT
[#33]
I there any reason to act like racist assholes?  This had the potential to be an interesting thread...
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:26:32 PM EDT
[#34]
 I'd be curious to see a serious evaluation of this gun.  Anyone ever seen or tried one?  Hate to see it come to this.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:29:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Do you think they will ever allow importation of chinese rifles?  I sure would like to get my hands on an M1A, but can't afford a Springfield on a college budget.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:51:18 PM EDT
[#36]
That says CHING CHING POW to those of you with uncircumsized eyes.........   Goood deal for you round eye.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:56:45 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Do you think they will ever allow importation of chinese rifles?  I sure would like to get my hands on an M1A, but can't afford a Springfield on a college budget.

I am a poor college student as well, but I would not buy one of theirs.  No I am not racist, my roommate is Red Chinese, but I don't like their government one bit.  I may not get anything done, but it makes me feel better.  Ban China!  They are not our friends!  

Besides, where you gonna get it fixed?  You can't send that back to bushmaster.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:02:27 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

LOL!

Actually, I believe Bushmaster will service a competitor's product, but of course not for free.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:10:01 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL!

Actually, I believe Bushmaster will service a competitor's product, but of course not for free.

If they made airplanes?  Would you fly them?  Think Harbor Freight.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:35:10 PM EDT
[#40]
I don't like china either, I just want an M1A really bad

btw: the adjustment lever on the first couple of pictures looks like its going to fall off hehe
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:50:49 PM EDT
[#41]
You can make cheap in China, you can make quality in China, but you cannot make cheap quality in China. An axiom to remember when you buy crap at Walmart.

My limited ability to decipher Simplified Chinese jives with Darkest's, though he's undoubtedly more experienced. Trust that translation.

This rendition looks considerably more refined than the Norinco M16 copies you see from Marstar and the like.

China does have intellectual property laws, but mostly out of pressure from foreign governments. Patents go against communist philosophy almost entirely. But the laws do still have some teeth; you just pretty much need someone to document infringements, and bother the government enough to send someone to shut down the operation. It's bureaucracy like anywhere else, except with a population 4x that of the US. If it's related to defense or military, though, you can forget about trying to enforce anything.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:03:52 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea it says:

actually no it doesn't jackass.

And no, it's not a airsoft, it's a full on knock off. If China can make fake BMWs you think they'd be able to make a M4gery no problem. About it's QC, a firearm is relatively simple and if they have a decent CNC machine + decent raw material I wouldn't hesitate to buy one. Of course i'll let someone else bite that bullet... I'm sure one could fit it with quality American internals and better reliability and more mileage out of it. Kind of like how I swapped out my Taiwanese magazine with a magpull follower and USGI spring, works fine!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top