Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/20/2004 3:46:23 PM EST
and still keep the pre 94 lowers legal????? I would think it would be all or nothing. Or grandfather everything before the next ban. What do you think?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:47:48 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:48:17 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:48:59 PM EST
I still can't believe it's over..Sorry
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:49:01 PM EST

Originally Posted By -Absolut-:

+1 Damn. Where do these people come from???
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:49:08 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:54:08 PM EST
no one though it would happen last time. i am just asking a question.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:58:26 PM EST
If we let em get the next ban, no telling what they'll do. It won't be pretty, though.

The moral to this story is make sure you vote out the gun grabbers in your city and state governments, as well as the federal positions. Get your friends registered and voting, too.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:58:41 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:00:38 PM EST

Originally Posted By huey_crew_chief:

Kerry will use the patriot act and executive orders to assure the future price hikes of our no bans.
That damn "patriot act" is gonna come back to bite us!

There is hope in the polls but with all these kids registering to vote.......
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:03:35 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:08:16 PM EST

Originally Posted By thinman:

Denial ain't just a river in Africa!
It's good to be prepared.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:24:07 PM EST
All are equal now. It is if '94 never happened. When your "next ban" happens, you grandfather all or none. It's as simple as that.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:42:47 PM EST

Originally Posted By mongo001:
All are equal now. It is if '94 never happened. When your "next ban" happens, you grandfather all or none. It's as simple as that.

I agree. They would have to grandfather, or not, the year of the ban and prior. But what the hell, there is no freaking ban!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:09:39 PM EST
Saying this slowly... There is no ban. No such thing as pre and post ban, as there is no ban. Over, done.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:12:46 PM EST

... Google the term Ex Post Facto
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:53:09 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/20/2004 6:55:13 PM EST by Not_A_Llama]
Ex Post Facto has nothing to do with it. It's more probably a fourth amendment issue. Ex post facto protects you from crimes committed in the past, before legislation. It doesn't have anything to do with the fact that you will be committing a new crime by having your rifle in the new ban. (in the event one is passed; a likely occurrence, IMHO)

I'm interested in seeing the text of proposed New AWB legislation. I know Difi and her axis of evil have been submitting riders and free bills constantly; does anyone have a link or cite to one of these bills? If nothing else, we need to know what the antis are planning.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:56:45 PM EST
You're right. Bury all your ARs in the yard right now.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:29:39 PM EST
Feinstein and crew are plotting even as we speak. Let's just hope congress is sick of this gun control stuff. The election results will likely have an impact on which way future gun legislation goes.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:49:09 AM EST
Feinswine is calm compared to McCarthy;read her legislation and realize she can play on NYC(and thus the media) due to 9/11.Couple that with the anti constitutional parts of the "Patriot" act and you should be very afraid.W. won't save you either;once he is reelected he will sign a new more Draconian ban.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:06:34 AM EST

Originally Posted By NIGHTSTALKER_O6:
W. won't save you either;once he is reelected he will sign a new more Draconian ban.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:35:55 AM EST

Originally Posted By innocent_bystander:
You're right. Bury all your ARs in the yard right now.

When it's time to bury your guns, it's time to dig them up!!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:25:35 AM EST
Heuy, there is such a thing as an ex post facto law. What that boils down to basically is this: It is UNCONSTITUIONAL for the Federal and or State government to make a retroactive law. In a nutshell, if it is legal for you to convert a postban to a preban configuration today, they cannot come back three years later and then tell you it is illegal!! No Worries!!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:51:22 AM EST

Originally Posted By -Absolut-:

+1
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:39:41 AM EST

Originally Posted By SHERIFF7:
Heuy, there is such a thing as an ex post facto law. What that boils down to basically is this: It is UNCONSTITUIONAL for the Federal and or State government to make a retroactive law.

I remember during the clinton administration they were telling people they couldn't live in government owned tenament housing and keep guns in em. They were even searching for and siezing guns when they found them. The courts said that was a no-no. The clinton administration's position to the court ruling was "Find a way around it". The good news is I don't think they did.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:15:52 AM EST

Heuy, there is such a thing as an ex post facto law. What that boils down to basically is this: It is UNCONSTITUIONAL for the Federal and or State government to make a retroactive law. In a nutshell, if it is legal for you to convert a postban to a preban configuration today, they cannot come back three years later and then tell you it is illegal!! No Worries!!!

Yeh, like Lautenburg <sp?>.

Bob
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:14:52 AM EST

Heuy, there is such a thing as an ex post facto law. What that boils down to basically is this: It is UNCONSTITUIONAL for the Federal and or State government to make a retroactive law.

Not quite correct. An "ex post facto" law criminalizes past behavior, and is unconstitutional. A retroactively law which does not, may very well be legal.

Remember the retroactive tax hikes a few years ago? This was upheld at the SCOTUS level as NOT ex post facto.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:15:22 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/21/2004 10:15:45 AM EST by Southern_Raider]
Double
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:32:33 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:56:07 AM EST
Wow.

Back on track. To answer your original question Huey:
If another ban is passed it most likely will have a grandfather clause in it. IMHO, the political climate would not stand for a ban that took a large portion of guns AWAY from people. The gun-grabbers are much more likely to go for a very strict ban with a very liberal definition of AW that would ban any future purchases of any gun based on said definition. And obviously, they would go for one WITHOUT a sunset clause.

By the way, if you believe the other side isn't just raring for a chance to reinstate this type of ban or worse, check out the following links (warning, don't eat before reading, you may very well ):
www.one38.org/a177/2004_09_01_archive.html#109540347735574290
www.one38.org/a177/2004_09_01_archive.html#109548306981947681

I got directed to this from a site that was talking about the woman who interrupted the Bush rally recently and thought it was just a news story. One word for this guy: rabid.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:55:48 PM EST

Originally Posted By A_Free_Man:
Saying this slowly... There is no ban. No such thing as pre and post ban, as there is no ban. Over, done.

But--
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:09:41 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:36:13 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:45:12 PM EST

Originally Posted By HeavyMetal:

Originally Posted By bgcc11:

Kerry will use the patriot act and executive orders to assure the future price hikes of our no bans.
That damn "patriot act" is gonna come back to bite us!

There is hope in the polls but with all these kids registering to vote.......

Loosers don't get to write EO's, ask Al Gore, Walter Mondale and Mike Dukakis!

I'm inspired by your confidence.
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:01:04 AM EST

When it's time to bury your guns, it's time to dig them up!!!

+1
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:49:09 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/22/2004 8:52:38 AM EST by JosephR]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:42:26 AM EST
Were you guys paying attention to the interviews by the anti-gun crowd. Feinstein said "....she had learned her lesson on the failures of the current AWB and will come back with much stronger legislation next time." Another guy ( forgot his name) from some anti-gun org. also was quoted as saying the next ban "with have more guns added to the list".

The only thing they need for this to happen is for enough Democraps to get into office. Then they could ram this stuff down our throats.

As far as a grandfather clause, they will have to include one. While I doubt things will come to door-to-door confiscation, how are you going to prove your evil gun was like that before some specified date if you don't keep reciepts? They will most likely put the burden of proof on the owner. If you can't prove it, they take it!

Another thing they may try to do in the next ban is outlaw transfers of "illegal weapons" even to family members. You would then have to make plans to "take it with ya" when you die. One way or the other, they will get those guns!

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:05:36 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:15:05 AM EST

Originally Posted By HeavyMetal:
The legal burden of proof is always on the prosecution to prove a crime has been comitted, not the other way around despite what many around here once argured in regards to pre-post bans status.

For a criminal prosecution, the burden of proof is on the gov't.

For property seized under administative law, the burden of proof is on the party claiming compliance with a rule/regulation.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:31:31 PM EST

Originally Posted By BangStick1:
As far as a grandfather clause, they will have to include one.

Assuming they get a "next ban" who knows what they'll do. Look at all those grandfathered guns in Merry Ol' England, or Japan or Australia. They like to register them all and often require they be locked up at a gun club. A grandfathered gun that is kept locked up away from home isn't gonna do any one a hell of a lot of good.

Remember that we voted about 60 of em out of office after the last ban. Lets make sure we don't get the next ban.
Top Top