Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2003 1:08:07 PM EDT
Why was the collapsable stock designed the way it was? The AR seems to be the only carbine with a telescoping stock that doesnt collapse all the way, or the only one without some sort of folding stock (side/under folder).

So, question is, anyone know why? There a good reason for it?
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 1:21:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Buffer tube!
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 2:53:04 PM EDT
[#2]
there actually is a side folder for the AR platform < damn I cant think of the name right now! >  but it is coslty.
the side folder for  the AR removes the need for a buffer tube and replaces it with a diffrent system the rides on top on the bolt < i think>

I prefer the short stock over the under and/ or folder  .. why.. ?  just easier to actaully aim while runing from one station to the next.

edited to add:

here ya go..

ZM-weapons [url]www.zmweapons.com[/url]

[img]www.zmweapons.com/images/Pb_triksm.jpg[/img]

here is the kit....

[url]http://www.zmweapons.com/Lg_images/Preb16k.jpg[/url]

[img]www.zmweapons.com/Lg_images/Leftside.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 3:53:23 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the info Cluster, kind of odd looking but definately a neat twist. I strongly stand by the regular carbine stock for the reasons you posted though.

innocent_bystander - some of the AR pistols have no buffer tube
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 3:56:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh... if only Z-M would release there stuff as a line of regular AR compatable accessories!  I've always thought those handguards were just plain badass looking.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 6:00:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
some of the AR pistols have no buffer tube
View Quote

And they don't have the AR gas system either. The gas system as Stoner designed it requires a buffer tube. Look at a Daewoo AR100 to see what you get when you cross an AR with an AK.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top