Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/16/2006 3:11:16 PM EDT
I guess I want to piece together a carbine----16" bbl free float BUIS 6 pos lower etc---whole cqb deal---must be reliable and accurate----would I be better off just buying a factory gun, or should I build my own---if so which factory gun, or where to start building my own?----This will be my home defense gun, so must gobang when I pull the trigger---figure if they can get past my pits ---I need a good gun---thanks in advance all
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:19:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I built my own out of Bushy and RRA parts plus a Daniels Deffense free float handguard and threw an ACOG on top in an ARMs mount I havent had a problem with it after the initial break in
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:46:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:04:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Just a thought...

Freefloat rails are of little benefit in a CQB role.
What you really want is a railed forend for mounting ninja stuff.
There are good two piece handguards out there that may serve you well at a lower cost than a free floating system.
Having said that, you can't go wrong with a Daniel Defense or LaRue either...

I couldnt find an Arms mount for a ninjitsu sword
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:30:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:45:45 AM EDT
[#5]
tat2u - contact me asap, please.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:36:18 AM EDT
[#6]

I built this "Blaster" for just under $400.........Alot of GI parts.......NO FTE, NO FTF  I zero it like I would at "Range fire" all 3rds were touching at 25meters.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:38:43 AM EDT
[#7]
You might try a site search for "recce", that's one variant of what you are describing, and you'll probably find other pics to give you some ideas.  One big question, are you looking for an iron sight rifle or are you going with optics?  Many of the builds you see now are geared for optics, but if you are going to shoot iron sights then you can go a lot simpler.  BTW, midlength gas system has a lot of advantages for a 16" barrel, personally I wouldn't buy a 16" barrel with a carbine length gas system ever again.  You might also take a look at the midlength photo thread for ideas.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top