Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/11/2003 4:53:23 AM EDT
how many rounds have you guys put through a non-chromed barrel? my mini-14 dont have one but I havent had a problem yet but it only has about 1500 rds throught it
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 5:13:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm intersted in the reply to this as well.  I've never heard of anyone wearing one out, chrome or not.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 6:31:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Depends on many factors.  Twist rate of barrel, type of ammo used (i.e. sammi vs NATO), and how you shoot (lots of rapid fire, bump fire, or slow fire), how hot do you let the barrel get?

Not to mention at what accuraccy level?  If you can tolorate larger groups the barrel will last 'longer' - if you only want tiny little groups you'll replace it sooner.

Barrels can last as few at 5,000 round or as many as 80,000 rounds for an unlined barrel.  Given identical usage a chrome should last roughly twice as long - but unless you're in a lab environment I don't see much 'identical usage'.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top