Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/13/2013 9:16:24 AM EDT
I've got a Maine-era Bushmaster Shorty AK upper assembly: A1 style upper, 14.5" HBAR, A2 front sight at carbine location, permanent AK74 style muzzle brake.

I want to move the barrel assembly to a flattop. Is that going to be a problem attempting to using a flattop rear sight with a non-F front sight? Am I going to run out of elevation on the front sight?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:30:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've got a Maine-era Bushmaster Shorty AK upper assembly: A1 style upper, 14.5" HBAR, A2 front sight at carbine location, permanent AK74 style muzzle brake.

I want to move the barrel assembly to a flattop. Is that going to be a problem attempting to using a flattop rear sight with a non-F front sight? Am I going to run out of elevation on the front sight?
View Quote

I wouldn't think so.  I've seen the measurements and there is so little difference in the height, I would think you could compensate with the FSP.  

If not,the F marked FSB is .040 higher than a non marked so you can buy taller posts from various places.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:01:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I did that with mine.  I added a YHM 5010 rear flip up and it works fine with the original post...
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 4:17:24 AM EDT
[#3]
The f-marked sight helps with that 1% chance you'll have problems sighting in. You'll probably be fine.

But if you find that your sights do shoot low and run out of adjustment, shoot me a PM and I'll send you the taller sight post that will fix it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 4:48:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Sell that A1 upper and buy a flat top one. Yes there are people who like A1,A2 uppers and will buy them.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:11:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I am one of those people. I'm keeping the A1 upper thank you very much; I just want to put a lighter barrel on it.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top