Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/17/2009 5:17:54 PM EDT
I have been shopping for a scope for my new predator pursuit for a couple of months now. I Plan to use the rifle to try my luck with some prarie dog hunts at longer ranges. Well at least longer ranges for me (they tell me expect 300-350 yard shots). So I have been shopping for a scope with more than the 3x9 power my deer rifle has. I had set my budget originally at $250 but after comparing the nikon monarch to the lower priced scopes, I decided to just spend the extra money and bought a 4x16 monarch with military dot reticle. It was definately more than I planned to spend but sure looked nice in the store. Just trying to fight off a bit of buyers remorse here and hoping to hear some positive reports on them?

I was originally going to go with the buckmaster 4x14 but the extra power on the monarch was nice and the monarch was noticably brighter too. So anyone have experience with the monarch scopes?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:10:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a couple on hunting rifles.

Good glass.

You will be happy with it.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:47:06 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks, which model have you used and did it have the mil dot? I was really torn between the mil dot and the BDC models but figured the mil dot would be more versatile since I shoot both heavy and light bullets out of my predator pursuit.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top