Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/10/2003 6:02:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/10/2003 6:05:00 PM EDT by mr_h]
www.littoneos.com/PDF_Data_Sheets/CNVD.pdf

it uses the pvs14 image tube. kind of a neat idea. wounder how much they cost? the only problem i see is getting a repeat zero. i thought that having the NVD infront of your scope like that caused a inconsistant zero.

i don't see any reason one couldn't mount a pvs14/6015 in front of the acog. i might have to play with this.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:43:00 PM EDT
Mr H, I have a similar setup that is giving me some accuracy problems. I have a Leupold CQ/T flattop mounted and an ITT 6015 that I install on the RAS forward of the CQ/T with an ARMS throwlever mount. The scope hits during the day and not at night. What's happening? The scope and NVD appear to be inline along x and y directions. Any advice would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:17:24 AM EDT
Originally Posted By scottsman: Mr H, I have a similar setup that is giving me some accuracy problems. I have a Leupold CQ/T flattop mounted and an ITT 6015 that I install on the RAS forward of the CQ/T with an ARMS throwlever mount. The scope hits during the day and not at night. What's happening? The scope and NVD appear to be inline along x and y directions. Any advice would be appreciated.
View Quote
scottsman: Your system is not working because of the optical path (or lack thereof) in your night vision device. Essentially, when you have your 6015 mounted your ACOG is focused on a TV screen, not seeing the true path of light rays as in a normal glass filled scope. Because the tubes in these systems are slip-in, they are not precisely aligned to the optics cells in the system... This means whenever you attach/remove the device from the rail, mount, etc it never goes back to the same place and optical alignment as before. The Litton system, KAC Knightscope and others like them have their image tubes specially fitted and aligned front-to-rear. This gives the ability to look "through" the device just like looking through a cardboard tube (even allowing for slight angular and linear offset), so the POA/POI impact shift is negligible. I hope this helps in some way. Email if you would like more info. Clint
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:34:45 AM EDT
scottsman, i esentially agree with havoc. if you were to zero your night vision set up and leave it in that confiquration you should never have a problem. everytime you remove the NVD and re-install it you will have a changed the relationship to the day scope. i have seen coupling devices that allow the NVD to mount behind the day optics that might work with your cqt. may current method of mounting my 6015 is behind an aimpoint m2. i have good results wit that. not knowing how much room you have on the rail but there are many choices for mounting a mono on a flat top. as long as you have the last 3 rail slots open you might be able to mount the 6015 behind the cqt.
Top Top