Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/13/2003 11:00:25 PM EDT
Tonight was our second annual night match.Last year i thought the lesson was to use a light with more lumen among other things,which i did but now i'm not sure.My set up this year was a jp 18" W/cooley comp and a surefire M4 devastator W/the 350 lumen lamp in place at a 2 o'clock position,and for optics a TA31.The weather was raining and around 40 degrees.The problem was it was like shooting black powder where you cant see the target right after a shot because of the smoke.After each shot your scope would white out as best i can describe for a moment making you blind untill the flash,steam,smoke,or what ever would drift away,even though we are talking micro seconds it would distort ,confuse,and lose your sight picture/nexttarget ,besides making you blind especially on the shorter stages with multible closer together targets.It was horrible.whats the lesson this time?Different optics,no magnification, less lumens,or a flash hider instead of a comp.One thing is for sure,i would never want to engage multible threats coming in fast with what i used tonight when its wet cold and dark.Whats the deal?

Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:07:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Good questions. I have some night experience with various AR's but none under the conditions you encountered. I'd look forward to hearing some answers too.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 10:37:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry I missed the match last night. Sounds like you had some fun.  I don't have a light mounted on my rifle as of yet, but I do have a TA-31a.  Maybe I'll get to play next year at the night match.  I would like to go out and play at night and maybe learn a thing or two.  

The Pig.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 11:40:48 AM EDT
[#3]
M-60 it was a lot of fun even though i had my problems and still i am looking forward to next year.One redeeming factor of this match is to find out what equipment works and what doesnt in these conditions, including your apparel.I'm hoping some one in the know will chime in,but for now i think under those extreme conditions until i hear otherwise that a Aimpoint or EOtech will be part of next years set up.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 10:54:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm curious.  Are you the fellow with the (I think its) english accent?  If so I belive I shot last months match with you in your squad.  You were helping me with learning to RO.  I was the big fat guy with the 20" Colt with red, white, and blue tape on the stock.  If it is you, thanks for your help at the range, and wear that tupperware proud! [:)]

The Pig.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:23:33 AM EDT
[#5]
NO
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:38:26 PM EDT
[#6]
My bad.

The Pig
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top