Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2005 6:03:27 AM EDT
good morning, all; got a quick sight question.

picked up a new ar the other day, and went to sight it in yest.  (rock river a4, 20")  anyhow, it has what i assume is a normal fs, and on the rear it has an rra dominator and an eotech 512.  (basically a normal a2 sight stuck on a riser)

after fooling around a little, cleaning the barrel, etc, etc. i can shoot a nice quarter sized group at 50 yards (attempting the ibsz)  sadly, this group was not anywhere near where i was shooting at.  after messing with the front sight post, i got the groups at the right height, but still about 2" to the left.  lots of cranking on the windage knob has helped, but it's almost all the way off to one side, and it's still not quite dead center.  (groups were shot from rest)  

is there a way to change something on the rifle so that it zeros a bit closer to the center?  if i ever wanted to adjust more to the right, i wouldn't be able to, and that bugs me.  any tips here would be greatly appreciated.  thanks!

edited to add:  also, forgot to mention that the entire rear sight assembly can be wiggled a little bit... i thought it was supposed to be fixed and immovable?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:07:26 AM EDT
[#1]
1) You are correct that the rear sight should be solid. Are you able to tighten it up?

2) You might have a crooked front sight base that is causing the big windage adjustment.

If you can't get the rear sight any tighter on your own call Rock River and get them to make it right and they can look at the front sight at the same time.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:19:34 AM EDT
[#2]

1) You are correct that the rear sight should be solid. Are you able to tighten it up?

how would i do that?  the tiny hex screw underneath the rear aperture?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:18:33 PM EDT
[#3]

edited to add:  also, forgot to mention that the entire rear sight assembly can be wiggled a little bit... i thought it was supposed to be fixed and immovable?

Normal to have some movement.   The A2 type sight is spring loaded and should move back to the same point if moved.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:48:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top