Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/12/2006 9:24:19 PM EDT
This will be my first AR15 so bare with me here.....Im looking to get one soon and I would like to save as much $$ as possible but still build and have a quality rifle.
at the end I would like mine to end up like this one from a fellow member here ..http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=275004..maybe a scope instead.

I been looking at RRA or even stag, but I find that alot of thier parts are ouit of stock.

If you guys could help me pick out the right parts to start off at...Im hoping to keep it around$700, then just add on when money comes in the future. Thanks
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:09:58 PM EDT
[#1]
ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=275004
it will be expensive!
RRA 16in complete upper (CL bbl): ~$450
RRA lower+RRA LPK: ~$125+, +~$60
Surefire 4 rail HG: ~$180
MagPul B stock: ~$215+
Hogue Grip: ~$15+
not to mention:
EoTech: ~$400
Surefire Foregrip w/ light: ~$450
LMT (?) BUIS: ~$100+
Single Pt sling+mount: ~$40

for $700, you will have to settle for a std. KISS CAR setup (RRA parts mostly, but stock nevertheless)...RRA complete upper, RRA lower (you might save some extra $$$$s if you get another brand), RRA LPK, RRA 6 pos (4pos stock is cheaper) will get you just under $700...

or you could just buy a complete one--check out the EE/Indsutry forum (legal sales and eaglefirearms.net in the Industry forum has good prices on complete setups)
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:53:14 AM EDT
[#2]
My advice to you is to first buy your Lower Receiver (Rock River Arms) from Pete at Legal Transfers or Eaglefirearms.net.  

Get your barrel from the guys at BrettPKfirearms  you can find them in the industry board - Good guys to deal with, good products, good prices.  Definately get a CHROME LINED barrel

After that you can mix and match any parts that you see or may want to use.  I built my last gun primarily off of the equipment exchange on this site and did quite well doing so.  If you don't mind having some used parts here and there you can really come in under budget.  

Buy a used stock << Most often guys on here get one with their gun and sell them, having hardly been used, electing instead to go with the "in" stock like a Vltor or Magpul.  You might have to wait here and there, but they pop up.

Buy the buffer tube, buffer spring, etc used, same as above.

Buy a carry handle used, as with the stock, no one keeps these, again electing for the "in" sight.

Surefires can be had for less on the EE or check out Calvin from bright flashlights  HE CAN SAVE YOU MONEY

Magazines - buy ugly beater mags and fix up with Gen II magpul follwers and ranger  or lumpy plates.  Ask yourself if you want to pay for looks or function.  You can always permasilk them later for pennies on the dollar.

Optics - Ebay or EE on here if you want optics - I recommend new, but I have had good used also.

Buy your grip on the used board

Buy your handguards on the used board (Knight's, Surefire, M4 Style, CAR Style, etc.

Buy your bolt, carrier, and trigger new (you don't want them to fail)  www.eaglefirearms.net

This is just one man's opinion, but I built a stock M4 config on here 6 months ago for about $650.00 and it was set up exactly as I wanted.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top