Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/5/2003 9:21:09 PM EDT
If you have read my latest posts then you will know that I just bought ANOTHER AR15.  I really should have spent my money on something I NEEDED, but when you have the "black rifle sickness" there is no cure.  Anyways, the new AR is a preban Oly Arms lower with FN M4A2 Hbar upper.  I am going to sell the FN upper and buy a different one.  I would like to buy another M4A2 upper and it must have a chrome-lined barrel.  I haven't decided whether I want an Hbar or not.  I'm not wanting to spend too much money since my other ARs are Bushies and Colts.  I was looking into getting an RRA upper.  Adco looks like they have pretty good prices on these.  What is everyone else's advice or input.  Any suggestions on brands or places to buy would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:26:57 PM EDT
[#1]
i don't understand the benefit of an Hbar 16inch upper.  most RRA uppers are not chrome lined but there have been a few (limited run?)being sold on the equipment exchange.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:06:12 AM EDT
[#2]
How about some input simlar to what you gave me on my last post....Its not a Colt so who cares?

Just kidding, what is wrong with the upper that is on it now? Isn't it chrome lined?  I went with a Bushmaster M4 flattop for my preban Oly, and it runs fine.  If you are looking to not spend much money, why not keep it and put the money into ammo.

If you do go ADCO, they have the chrome RRA and probably have the best prices.  Plus they seem decent.  They are in the industry section now if you have any questions for them.

Now go answer my damn AR15A3 post!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:20:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a DPMS M4 upper on my pre-ban Olympic lower and it fits very, very tight.
You can see what [url=www.cmmginc.com]CMMG[/url] has in stock and compare prices
to Steve's uppers.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:52:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Actually I agree inferno.  I really don't see the benefit of a 16" Hbar.  I think I've narrowed it down between RRA and Bushy.  I don't think I will get another Hbar.  Thanks for everyone's input.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top