Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/31/2005 6:26:25 AM EDT
i am a little short on the knowledge around here, so i thought i would ask just so i  might be able to catch up.

i am just finishng my first ar build, and am now looking for some ammo, i would be happy with descant performance abut don't want to break the bank right now.

I have found what ithink to be a deal, but have no idea if i am right.... somebody let me know if this is a wise decision

ammo here

any info is greatly appreaciated

thank you

SS
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:31:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Post a pic of your weapon and give specs please.

It would give a better idea of what you need,
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:40:55 AM EDT
[#2]
This is my first build, but i have  a seasoned ar vet that will be walking me through the process

I got a 20" stainless 1-9 twist variment kit from model 1 sales, and picked up a factory second olympic arms stripped lower fromm the EE

thanks
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:45:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:53:24 PM EDT
[#4]
You can get 1,000 rounds of 55gr ammo for $160 from georgia-arms.com

Never had an issue w/ any of their stuff....pistol or rifle.

Lex in NC
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:18:36 AM EDT
[#5]
That ammo should be fine.  Why not just ask that seasoned vet you talked about?  If he knows how to build an AR, then he should know what ammo is safe to fire in it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:56:22 PM EDT
[#6]
he is into the spray and pray thing,so if it will fire in his gun then he is happy, i want to be a slight bit more selective of what i shoot and the results i get,

to make things shorter, he likes to build them but he does not care how they perform.

thanks though

SS
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top