Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/6/2003 12:46:41 PM EDT
i tried to dissamble this thing to clean and relube and i had to pry out the cam pin. it is as tight as you know what. will this thing wear and losen up? i never noticed this with my bm cam pin although i could be wrong. and when i fire the gun with my new upper will it cause damage to the upper?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 1:13:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Since you have another AR, I guess there's no need to ask if the firing pin is removed and the cam pin twisted 90 degrees.

Will the cam pin move freely when you pull the bolt in and out by the locking lugs?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:03:12 PM EDT
[#2]
after i remove the firing pin, i have to turn the cam pin with forceps. when i put the rifle together and pull the charging handle everything seems to work fine. maybe i just need to fire two or three hundred rounds through the weapon to break it all in.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:41:52 PM EDT
[#3]
With new parts and especially with a new cam pin, it will be hard to rotate the cam pin even though, quite obviously, the firing pin has been removed.  Until there is a little wear, I have had to turn the cam pin with a pair of needle nose pliers and then pry it loose with a small blade screwdriver.  Remember:  "You stroke me long time GI, and I get vely loosey." In time you will not have this tight of a fit.

Charles Tatum
Alamo Professional Arms
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:02:18 AM EDT
[#4]
i kinda figured that.
thanks alot y'all.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top