Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/26/2003 6:16:45 AM EDT
Neil- I noticed you have had a post or two regarding night shoots. Was wondering if you could add anything to what I've read in the past about weaponlights and Ta-31's.

I tried a blue filter with a 60 lumen Surefire and it did create contrast with my reticle but the dimmer light caused me concern regarding target identification. I really didn't like it. I have also been concerned a few times that the reticle wasn't quite as obvious as I would like it to be if I was in a darkened room lit only in front of me with the weaponlight. Seems like the Tritium isn't as bright as I wish it was and the fiber optic can't gather light in the dark...

I plan on ordering a 9v Surefire soon and I guess I am wondering if more light will help but I suspect it won't. I have an Eo-tech to fall back on but there has to be a reason that I can't seem to get the ACOG to work as good for me as others have. I tried to sell the ACOG but the sale didn't go and now I want to give it a second chance and make sure I am not making a mistake by getting rid of it. Would like to hear other comments on this topic. Thanks, dg.

Link Posted: 9/26/2003 8:06:09 PM EDT
First off, which ACOG did you try to unload? I am desperately searching for a used TA11 at the right price... any TA11! I have a Comp ACOG on a gun with a 6v lite, but have not used it much in reduced lighting, so I dont know how well or not the 6v light and ACOG work together. My TA31 has a M900, or, a 9v light and I use the high output bulb. I have found that the brighter light does make the difference. What I noticed without the blue filter is that the areas is lit up so well and so brightly that even if the reticle turn black, the dark black reticle against the brightly lit background still allows you to keep track of the reticle. The blue filter just cuts a fair amount of the light and keeps the reticle red. The blue background and the red reticle provide a good contrast.
Top Top