Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/7/2006 1:27:59 PM EDT
I built a 9mm AR a few years ago, and sold it due to expensive colt mags (at the time $85).  But I recently got the RRA 9mm, and I am so glad Promag made cheap mags.   I have 1 real Colt mag and 5 of the Promags.  They work just as good, seem easier to load (i think the feed lips have a bigger gap), and are freaking light.    I'm so glad that somebody finally made something GOOD AND CHEAP.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:41:01 PM EDT
[#1]
You fool!  Now they'll raise the price!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:32:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Yeah, but not due to the high quality.  They'll probably raise the price to cover all the low quality ones that get returned when they don't work.

For all the people on this board that talk down on Orilites, you would think the 9mm ProMags wouldn't even get a second glance.  I find it odd that they get any good reviews at all.

As I hear mentioned around here a lot - buy cheap, buy often - buy quality, buy once.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:33:02 PM EDT
[#3]
You are lucky your promags work.

Mine will not run unmodified in a Hahn precision block.  Which block are you using, RRA?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:01:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Too late.  Bushmaster sells them for $28.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:26:03 AM EDT
[#5]
mine work great, in a RRA with RRA block, and a Colt with a colt block.  
I have 5 and they work perfect.   And I bought mine for $12.95.
I guess I have good luck though, I bought the Asian MP5 mags and they work great in my Mp5 clone, and everybody else had problems.    
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:04:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Too late.  Bushmaster sells them for $28.

Bushmaster is a manufacturer, not a vendor so they list everything for MSRP. If you buy direct from Bushmaster or any manufacturer, you're probably paying too much.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:40:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Well you all have me beat my New Rock River will not work with any magazine Uzi, Colt or Pro Mag. Currently on the way to the factory for repair.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:36:12 AM EDT
[#8]
did your RRA come with a mag, mine didn't  but i  think the guy i got it from kept it.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:48:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes mine came with 1 UZI magazine. Ordered 3 extra would not work with any of them.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:30:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I am starting to think that they just don't run with the RRA for some reason. I have six that run great with my BM Carbon 9mm.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:19:59 PM EDT
[#11]
i got five of them the other day from Natchez for $10.99 and got to take them to the range.....observations were as follows......lots of sharp edges around lips...a little wet/dry sandpaper should cure that.....one was pretty tight in the mag shute and there again i think a little sanding should cure that........only one malfunction out of 100 rounds fired 20 rounds from each mag.....they were doing so good that i thought i'd try a bump fire and had a failure to feed on one round........i'm very pleased with these mags......D I C K
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:10:46 AM EDT
[#12]
i found the uzi mag with my RRA in the bottom of the box, so i have 1 colt, 1 uzi, and 5 promags.   All seem to function well, but the Uzi won't hold open.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:49:27 PM EDT
[#13]
I bought severl colt 32rd mags when I bought my bushmaster 9mm and took the factory promag out and sat it aside. Now after trying the promag All I can say is it has worked perfect for me everytime I used it and with all types of ammo from 115gr to 147gr FMJ and hollow points. I am surpised it works as well as it does I expected it to be a trash item to replace with real colt mags.  
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top