Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2004 3:16:31 PM EDT
I just orded a Bushmaster M-4 A-3 and its the waiting game now for the bush and my other 2-hand guns to come in. I wanted a LE BUSH but, my local FFL Dealer said he called, and found out he could'nt get one, they go only to Law Endforcement. I thank everybody for all the help on information they gave me on bush, colt, lmt, dsa, m-4s. tell me where I can find cheap 5.56/223 ammo to blast away in my new gun. And I going to need cheap 10mm to practice with. I would like to reload 5.56 and 10mm one day, I load right now 45acp on my dillon 550 and shoot some IDPA with my kimber.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:35:27 PM EDT
[#1]
First the bad news: there is no inexpensive 10mm.  Sorry.  You got an expensive pistol to feed, bro.  www.ammoman.com has one listing for 10mm ammo and it's $149 for 500 rounds - shipped.  Yah, ouch.

Now the good news, inexpensive 5.56mm is all over the damn place!  Many folks here like Wolf and Ammoman has it: $130/1K rounds - shipped (all of Ammoman's prices show shipping included, that why I like him so much).  For blasting/plinking ammo, Wolf has tons of backers here.

Me, I'm an ammo snob: it's XM193/Q3131A all the way (I'm a cripple so I can't shoot much, that means I don't go through 1K rounds at a time).  Ammoman carries those for $199/1K.  Love it!

Sometimes other deals can be found.  Check out the Ammo forum on the site for notices of those, as well as other tips on new ammo coming down the research trail.  BTW, be damn sure to read the Ammo Oracle for all things 5.56mm.  If you don't, you are soooo behind the curve.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top