Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/2/2003 8:12:33 AM EDT
where is the best spot to mount a light on a carbine, withoout bolting it to the bbl.??  Who makes a good one---was looking @ Wilson Combats---thanks for any input
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 12:00:20 PM EDT
[#1]
A rail system would be the best option.  I just added a Knight's M4 RAS and Surefire M962SU to my rifle, and it is awesome.  The rail system also allows you to mount a bipod, vertical foregrip, etc.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 12:02:40 PM EDT
[#2]
RIS RAS or SIR

pick one [:D]
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 3:08:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Surefire has one. Go to their weaponlight section.
I think harris has an adapter for their bipod.
But, like the others said, go with a rail system.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 6:18:52 PM EDT
[#4]
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid71/p22aed753ff74b379bfd5861e9b22c397/fb9552bf.jpg[/img]

another approach is what i did, i jus drilled 2 small holes in handguard and attached a mini-rail (about 2-3 inches long) and mounted my light, the light can unscrew from mount at any moment.

as far as bipod , ya can use the railsystem like others have stated or jus get the adaptor that goes inside the handguard.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top