Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/7/2003 2:22:23 PM EDT
got a colt preban hbar 20" and i cant stand it any longer, it has to have either a lighter barrel or a new upper with a shorter barrel on it.

in terms of ease of installation, price, quality, etc....... help me out on these options i have.........

buy a gov't profile 20" barrel (cheapest i have found thus far is $186 from bushmaster)  will it mesh with the colt upper, can i find another somewhere else cheaper, how hard would it be to find somebody that could install the barrel out here in the middle of nowhere?

buy a new upper or buy a barrel kit with handguards and all for either 16" hbar, 16" pencil, or M-4 type...........  wheres the best place to go in your experience?  been looking at jtdistributing 16" upper for $289 i believe...is that chrome lined, is there a better place to go, etc......

really im just looking for a little guidance here, ive confused myself so damn much already that i'm lost.........how would you do it?
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 2:55:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Another option you may want to explore is sending your HBAR to Steve @ [url=www.adcofirearms.com]ADCO[/url] or Kurt @ [url=http://www.kurtskustomfirearms.citymax.com/page/page/8932.htm]KKF[/url] and have them turn your HBAR down to a Gov't profile.  I believe it cost around $50.  It may be worth looking into.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 3:02:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, the Bushmaster barrel will mount to your Colt upper.
Yes, JTD does offer chrome lining, but I don't know at which price.
FWIW, I'm a carbine guy.[:D]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top