Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2004 7:08:08 PM EDT
I'm interested in Building a AR15 for a project. who are the Top 3 makers of AR lower? there are over 50 diferent makers. just want to do this right the first time. looking at building a Target / Varmint AR15
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:13:24 PM EDT
[#1]
ArmaLite of course!!  Of course it actually runs under Eagle Arms.

Normally I'd go with Quantico Arms.  That's where I bought my stripped AR-10 lower.  But they seem to be out of stock or something since it isnt' listed on their site anymore.

Try Impact guns  $138

I have heard of some quality control issues, so maybe RRA.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:14:58 PM EDT
[#2]
what he saied or rock river arm are good and tight and $100
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:16:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Armalite, Bushmaster, Colt and RRA in no particular order.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:18:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:36:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I second that, with the addition of Double Star.  They're affililated w/ J&T Dist.  I can't tell the difference against my BM lower.  And they're not PURPLE .
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:37:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I second that, with the addition of Double Star.  They're affililated w/ J&T Dist.  I can't tell the difference against my BM lower.  And they're not PURPLE .

You left out LMT
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:43:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

You left out LMT

+1
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:48:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
there are over 50 diferent makers.  

Really?  I had no idea there were so many....
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:08:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Your name is Bushmaster-LEO. You have 13 posts, and your asking us to tell you who makes the best lowers?

I'm bowing out of this one.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:48:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Stag Arms/ Continental Machine & Tool
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:00:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Your name is Bushmaster-LEO. You have 13 posts, and your asking us to tell you who makes the best lowers?

Is this a setup??  Your name is BushmasterLEO and you are asking who makes the best receiver.  If I answer Colt, are you going to arrest me??

Bushmaster/Colt - even tossup.  Line them up after that in any order you want to.  Get Bushmaster if you want a black AR, get Colt if you want a grey one, although you can find Colt in black, IIRC.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top