Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/21/2003 5:29:46 AM EDT
I see that rra chambers ther rifles in this calibar is this diferant than 223rem sorry about the spelling
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 10:05:43 AM EDT
[#1]
yes and no.  As I understand it you can shoot .223 in it and I think 5.56. I could be wrong though.  I believe the chamber is like a cross between an 5.56 and a .223 rem.  go to the www.ammooracle.com.  It touches on this subject.  Or call your manufacture.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 11:56:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I see that rra chambers ther rifles in this calibar is this diferant than 223rem sorry about the spelling
View Quote

From the ammo oracle [url]http://www.ammo-oracle.com[/url]
The military chamber is often referred to as a "5.56 NATO" chamber, as that is what is usually stamped on military barrels.  Some AR manufacturers use the tighter ".223" (i.e., SAAMI-spec and often labeled ".223" or ".223 Remington") chamber, which tends to give you more accuracy but, in self-loading rifles, less reliability, especially with hot-loaded military ammo. [b]Some AR manufacturers use an in-between chamber spec, such as the Wylde chamber.[/b]  Many mis-mark their barrels too, which further complicates things.  You can generally tell what sort of chamber you are dealing with by the markings on the weapon, but always check with the manufacturer to be sure.

Link Posted: 12/24/2003 8:05:48 PM EDT
[#3]
223 wylde chamber throat is alittle shorter and tighter than a nato 5.56, so far I have had no troubles shooting LC or S&B m193, my reloads shoot far better in it
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top