Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2005 3:12:43 PM EDT
hey i got an eotech 512 revision F and i was having a hard time zeroing the EOTECH in at about maytbe 50 or so feet. i could not seem to even hit my target(15  X 15  in.) i didnt even hit it about after 50 rounds or so.  PLEASE HELP
by the way i am using a RRA tactical 16" witha  RRA dominator mount and a SS barrel.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:23:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Make sure the rifle is supported well, double check and make sure you have the Eotech mounted correctly. I sighted mine in at 50 yards. Get a huge target like an old door and see if you can hit that, from there dial it in to where you want it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:35:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I sighted in my first Eotech last week. If you read the literature it says that it comes very close to zero from the factory. But for me I had a simular experience to yours and the it took me over 30 rounds just to get it on a 3 foot piece of plywood. Try a large box at 25 feet to get it roughed in then move your target out to 50 yards. As my eyes aren't so good anymore I sighted it in at 50 yards and will just raise up an inch at 100 if needed. Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:08:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Try bore sighting thru the bore and rough setting the sight. Open the upper and remove the BCG, sight thru bore until the target is centered. Keep it in this position and adjust sight until it seems close. Double check and adjust as needed. It helps if you can find a way to keep upper solid while doing this. I got my Eotech set in less than 10 rds.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:32:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Most people sight in their BUIS first.  Once the BUIS is sighted in at 50 yards mount the EOTech on the receiver and adjust the reticle so that the dot sits on top of the front sight post when looking through the BUIS.

If you have no BUIS then you'll have to do the boresight method and start close so you can get it on paper.  Get it on paper at 10-25 yards then move the target out to 50 yards and finish zeroing the sight.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:53:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Most people sight in their BUIS first.  Once the BUIS is sighted in at 50 yards mount the EOTech on the receiver and adjust the reticle so that the dot sits on top of the front sight post when looking through the BUIS.

If you have no BUIS then you'll have to do the boresight method and start close so you can get it on paper.  Get it on paper at 10-25 yards then move the target out to 50 yards and finish zeroing the sight.

Very good advice.

When I sighted in my EO, I used the BUIS method and had my rifle zeroed in 4 shots.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:25:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I guess I'm one of the few guys who got an EOTech that was pretty much squared away right out of the box.  I put the upper together all at the same time, and luckily it was pretty much zeroed with my BUIS (which happened to be basically zeroed).  I think it took me 20rds to get both the BUIS and EOTech zeroed how I wanted them.  Mark that one as lucky.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:01:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Once the BUIS is sighted in at 50 yards mount the EOTech on the receiver and adjust the reticle so that the dot sits on top of the front sight post when looking through the BUIS.

+1

I wish the rest of life were so simple.........

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:47:23 PM EDT
[#8]
If after all of the above suggestions you still have problems ask someone to spot for you.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top