Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 10/30/2003 7:34:16 PM EDT
I have the A3 bushy superlight and am trying to decide on a CQB 100 yards or less sight. I'm thinking of either Aimpoint or Eotech and taking the removable carry handle off. Will they work ok or be obstructed by the front iron sight post? Does the Eotech come with a built in base that will fit right on my bushy Picatinny rail (That would make it a cheaper option). Could I buy a flip down style rear to go on the flat top to cowitness with the front? I saw some Eotech mount to this effect but it seemed extraneous. Which site would be best? Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 9:57:20 PM EDT
i just bought a 552 for my a3 from www.green-mountain-gear.com i just went through the same questions as you, though i went for the eotech as a personal preference to its retical. i can tell you that if you keep both eyes open and star at the target you will see through the front sight and frame of the eotech. simular to if you were to hold up your pointer finger in front of your face and look past it. youll see two fingers but both will be see through. its a strange result but the retical will just float in front of you almost like a vidio game. the sight is built to mount straight to the a3 weaver rail youve got. putting a flip up behind it would work great. you could just look straight through the large eotech window with your peep and have a better than carry handle view of the front sight.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 2:54:15 AM EDT
Decide which sight you like best and get it. I prefer the Aimpoint but thats just my preferance for a small round aiming point instaed of a big circle of dots to distract me. Get an ARMS 40 rear. Other rear sights are OK but none are as fast to get up in a hurry as the ARMS 40 plus you can get one for under $90. Just sell your carry handle to pay for it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 5:18:33 AM EDT
Thanks guys. Who has the best prices on the Eotechs and Arms 40?
Top Top