Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/21/2004 9:04:29 PM EST
OK, despite how simple it looks I'm an idiot and can't get it installed correctly. Now matter how hard I pull back on the slip ring and how hard I push down on the rear part of the top RAS piece I can't get the rear of the RAS in position that is even with the rail on the upper receiver. What am I doing wrong?

This is pissing me off and I'm not close to having it fit, just tearing stuff up. Send smart people to help.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:17:47 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/21/2004 9:22:13 PM EST by Bosko]

I had the same problem... I tried for about 20 miniutes and some how it just happened and went together. Ive taken it off and on a few times since then. When I do it I unscrew the clamp almost all of the way and hold the screw head down to keep the clamp from closing and allowing it to get under the barrel nut. I have also removed the screw and set it aside, then extended the clap all of the way before i try to put it on and it goes on. It is a tight fit. You have to make sure you dont bump the clamp closed while positioning. You dont need to force anything!

Maybe one of the pros has a trick they can share.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:28:47 AM EST
On my RAS II I just took the screw out before assembly and then put it back afterwards.
Check out this site quarterbore.com/library/pdf_files/rasii22243inst.pdf It's the same instructions as in the xerox copy but larger and in color.
Top Top