Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/18/2004 11:22:44 AM EST
Ok this is a real newbie type questions.I have built upper,built lowers but NEVER changed a mag follower.I live in New Jersey and only shoot Bushy 10 rounders.Well I have a "friend" in Penn. who wanted me to change is followers to orange and i dont know how to change them out.I am assuming through the bottom but the baseplate tabs are in the way and i am sure they will break off if i bend them back.I need to know how to do it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:27:09 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:31:51 AM EST
Lumpy.
I didnt explain it well enough.I know how to get the baseplate off.I dont know how to slip the new follower inside the mag.The old one came out with the spring though.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:39:27 AM EST

Originally Posted By insane4guns:
Lumpy.
I didnt explain it well enough.I know how to get the baseplate off.I dont know how to slip the new follower inside the mag.The old one came out with the spring though.

After connecting the mag spring to it. You put it in at an angle (long leg front portion first) and twist it into place then press up the rest. It takes a little getting use to it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:12:16 PM EST
Ok now i feel totally useless.I am trying to put the new follower/spring inside.The square baseplate "tang" seems to be in the way of getting the follower in its groove on the front side of the mag.I dont want to bend it unless i am supposed to.I guess its kind of hard to tell me how to due it on a messege board!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:29:25 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/19/2004 1:20:30 AM EST by gotm4]

Ok now i feel totally useless.I am trying to put the new follower/spring inside.The square baseplate "tang" seems to be in the way of getting the follower in its groove on the front side of the mag.I dont want to bend it unless i am supposed to.I guess its kind of hard to tell me how to due it on a messege board!!

If your talking about putting a green follower in a 20 round mag you can't do it. You'll need to dremel off the entire front leg and shorten the middle leg. 20s run fine on the black or metal follower all they ever need when they get old is a Wolff XP spring.

Here's instruction on a 30 rounder.

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:17:13 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/18/2004 8:17:56 PM EST by PK90]

Are these 20 rounders? You can't use the followers with the long front legs unless you break off the "tang" and use a 30 round floor plate. Or else, cut the front leg off.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:04:03 AM EST
Bingo!! I was trying to use them in a 20 rounder!!Is it worth putting them in?They have the metal followers in them now.They are universal ind. mags.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:24:39 AM EST
Nice post there - Gotm4!

I agree that I have never heard of any one having problems the the 20 rounder matal follower.

you might want to check out the new followers by Magpul - they are to the green followers what the green was to the black!

and the neat thing is they drop right in. no twisting or vodoo need to slide that thing in.

Later,

Badredfish
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:52:47 AM EST
Still. With the 20 rounders, the tab needs to be snapped off and the MagPuls slightly modified. But none the less, they are great followers and worth the effort. Add a Wolff spring and you've got a "Perfect Mag".
Top Top