Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/27/2011 2:01:16 PM EDT
Got one of those m16a1 kits  that came with the new barrel it needs to be parked and the fsb installed. My local ffl doesnt want to chance messing it up so if anyone knows someone who can do this for a nominal fee ljust let me know thnx.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 2:08:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Got one of those m16a1 kits  that came with the new barrel it needs to be parked and the fsb installed. My local ffl doesnt want to chance messing it up so if anyone knows someone who can do this for a nominal fee ljust let me know thnx.

The nominal fee is the pisser Troop. Same situation here and the service is not cheap and the wait to get your stuff back can be long for the cheaper places and expensive at the faster places.

Ask me how I know!

There may be those on the boards that can do it but if they offered their services they would be swamped with requests!

PS If anyone wants to PM me an offer of inexpensive and relatively quick service...........
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 2:13:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I read your thread this morning in the Texas hometown forum. If I was in your position, I'd send it out to be installed. Many here recommend ADCO. I've never used them before, but I would in a heartbeat based on the recommendations and photos of their work posted here.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 2:25:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

grayparatrooper,

Send me an email; I can help you out with your project.  My address is [email protected].

John Thomas

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 5:04:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

grayparatrooper,

Send me an email; I can help you out with your project.  My address is [email protected].

John Thomas

Email sent.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 5:18:45 PM EDT
[#5]
In two or three more months the deal for my house, the move and the setup of my machines will be complete and I can resume taking work,
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 5:23:52 PM EDT
[#6]
told you the retro guys here would take care of you.  stick around after your build.  it's one of the best subforums on arfcom where everyone looks out for one another and there's a ton of info and knowledge out here.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 5:24:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Email sent.

Your email didn't come through... maybe my "yahoo.com" account filtered it out, or maybe there's a lag.  I'll send you an Instant Message with the details.

John Thomas

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 10:51:13 PM EDT
[#8]
After you get it back, I can help out with the assembly if you need it, as I'm in the Dallas area, but I can't do FSBs.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:08:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
After you get it back, I can help out with the assembly if you need it, as I'm in the Dallas area, but I can't do FSBs.

Ok thnx ya i haven't ever built one other than snapping two halves together .
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:07:06 AM EDT
[#10]
There is a jig out there to do it. I believe that Bravo CO is selling it under "tools" on their website.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:57:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Putting the FSB on is a peace of cake with the above mentioned jig. I have done two with mine took  less than an hour with changing bits and taper reamer.

f4enut
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:47:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Putting the FSB on is a peace of cake with the above mentioned jig. I have done two with mine took  less than an hour with changing bits and taper reamer.

f4enut

Are you using a Mill or a drill press?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:48:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I've done a couple on my mill, and had ADCO do a couple.  ADCO does great work and was really fast, but the price was kind of high.  Doing it on a mill was a PITA.  Came out good, but hard to setup, at least for a hacker like me.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 4:28:14 PM EDT
[#14]

I used a drill press with a large add on  table from harbor Freight. I used a 1/8 end mill to to flat spot it and  then a drill bit I did the tapered reamer by hand.

Quoted:
Quoted:

f4enut

Are you using a Mill or a drill press?

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top