Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2004 7:53:15 AM EDT
I have just purchased an Armalite AR-15 .223 carbine and I want to use a regular hunting type Uncle Mike swivel sling on this rifle, so I can carry it on my back just like any regular hunting rifle.

After searching high & low, I have been able to find a piece of hardware that lets me mount a regular "SIDE" swivel to the front gas block of the rifle, but I have NOT been able to find a mount that will attach to the back of the rear buttstock.

I have seen the type that attaches between the front of the stock & the back of the receiver, but this is NOT what I want, I want the swivel stud mounted to the SIDE (NOT the top or bottom) of the buttstock at the back.

Also, I have seen the military sling systems that wrap around the rear of the buttstock & the front of the forearm, but again this is NOT what I am interested in.

Thanks, for any & all advice. joverstreet@cbh.com
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:26:23 PM EDT
Does it have a Carbine(M4) type stock? If so is this what you want?

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:19:43 PM EDT
try to support our industry partners!!!!! they contribute to this site and keeps us going. check out the equipment exchange. several industry partners come to mind, gandrtactical, mstn and so forth they are higly recommended and provide excellent service !

Top Top