Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/24/2006 4:54:43 PM EDT
I found a fake ops inc. suppressor collar  and the head of the screw thats used to hold it on the bbl striped and I need to know where I can get another one. And does it have to be heat treated? Thanks
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:07:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Lowes, Home Depot, ACE Hardware..............
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:00:39 AM EDT
[#2]
"NEED A SCREW"

Don't we all

Invisiblesoul
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:03:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
"NEED A SCREW"

Don't we all

Invisiblesoul

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Females only, if you please.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:33:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I dont need "that" of screw...I can get that whenever I please

Back to business

I think the size is a 1.5mm allan screw so it will work as a set screw.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:32:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Sadly, the days of real hardware stores are almost over. So, you have two options:

1) Go to as many Home Depots, Lowes, Ace, etc. as you can until you find one or give up

2) Buy 100 or 500 online in 5 minutes, and keep the extras, "just in case".

Nowdays, you can get 10,000 of ANYTHING, even if its custom-made from the ground up.
But try getting ONE of something that somebody already has, in 10 bags of 1000.

I don't know why manufacturers and distributers can't put together kits with 5 or 10 of each style of different types of fasteners, for instance, 5 each of metric allen set screws, 1.0 to 5.0 in .5 steps. What are robots for, anyway?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:12:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I went to a True Value and found some. I'll try them out when I get my barrel back from sand blasting.
Thanks
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top