Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2005 11:10:53 AM EDT

first this upper is going to be for my GF, I purshased  RRA postban lower just days befor the ban ended and this upper will be for it.
here  is part I need advise on,  can I go with a preban threaded barrlel and A2 flash hider or sense the lower is postban do i still have to stick with postban rules and have to get something postban.
is there still a 16" minimum barrel length limit and can I add an adjustable length buttstock or still postban configurations still apply when using a postban lower.

lastly do the ban rules apply weather I purchased a postban lower before or after the ban ended, meaning If I purchased a postban lower receiver befor the sunset is it now still a postban lower reciver and postban rules apply still or is it a no ban receiver and can I put a preban upper on it with RRA adjustable length buttstock?
thanks in advance
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:19:10 AM EDT
Debose,

No need to worry about the "evil" features, as long as you're in a free state.  Threading, flashiders, colapsible stocks, bayo lugs, etc. are just fine now, even on rifles that exsisted before 9/13/04.

The barrel will have to be 16" or more, or you will have to file a Form1 with the BATFE to make it shorter.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:40:05 PM EDT
no more pre-ban or post-ban is illegal. now there is only no-ban. AWB expired last year in sept. but make sure if its legal in your state first. all states should be ok except for CA,MD,NY,MA,CT,NJ ect....(states that have a lot of crimes)
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:03:40 AM EDT
Hey.. I was curious about the aspect of filing form 1 with the BATF? If I have an AR-15 with a 16 inch barrel, can I put on a 10 inch barrel just by filing some paperwork or do you have to get a class 3 licence  ?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:15:18 AM EDT

Originally Posted By archangel_8:
Hey.. I was curious about the aspect of filing form 1 with the BATF? If I have an AR-15 with a 16 inch barrel, can I put on a 10 inch barrel just by filing some paperwork or do you have to get a class 3 licence  ?

You have to do all the paperwork with the ATF first.  No class 3 is needed.  Here is the FAQ from the NFA section of the board.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=14&t=178305
Top Top