Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2006 8:19:33 AM EDT
are the plastic  fore ends inserts the same size. I know they are made with different material but are they physically the same size?
TIA
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:32:16 AM EDT
[#1]
per the rules they have to be the same external dimensions as an as issued m16a2.

internally it is another story.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:50:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't shoot competition anymore so I was thinking of doing this to my RRA NM.
MI could not answer the question
www.bravocompanyusa.com/Midwest-Industries-MCTAR-19-p/mctar-19.htm
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 11:45:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I am not sure about what you mean by "plastic inserts" NM handguards have no inserts of any kind. As far as putting the MI handguards on your R.R. NM, the problem is they are made for a standard rifle and they may need to have material removed at both ends in order to fit over the float tube on your Rock River, the same way a standard set of plastic handguards would have to be modified. Unless of course you are thinking of removing your float tube in which case the MI guards should fit fine.

Putting those guards over your NM float tube is going to make a heavy rifle. Also, if you need solid mounting options for scope use with ultimate accuracy, this would not be a good set up.

I know you said you do not shoot high power anymore but as mentioned they would not be legal regardless of dimensions as they are not of the same configuration.

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:17:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top