Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/18/2005 1:20:43 PM EDT

i'd like to hear from y'all on the pros and cons of installing an A2 flash suppressor on a

DCM type rig being designed for top accuracy. i'd like to use it in a future build , if it's

not going to be a liability at the range . what say you ????
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:25:31 PM EDT
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't DCM rifles supposed to look like standard A2 rifles? Thus, wouldn't an A2 flash hider be the thing to have?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:48:31 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:54:10 PM EDT
The DCM guys I see with A2 flash supressors have them reamed out, they are primarily there for cosmetics.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:57:17 PM EDT
I just bought a WOA barrel to replace the nearly burned out original in my RRA. I bought my RRA during the ban, so it is obviously neutered. Not so my new tube: bayo lug and A2 flash hider, baby.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:20:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:13:27 PM EDT

as you might have expected, this is what i was hoping to hear !! now, if reaming the

the suppressor works on the DCM barrels.....what effect, if any, do you think it would have on

a standard H-BAR configuration ??? would this mod make sense in an overall accuracy

tune-up ??? this practice goes back to M14NM days, so the idea sounds solid to

me . anyone know the reamer size being used ??? thanks !!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:48:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/18/2005 4:49:13 PM EDT by SWO_daddy]

Originally Posted By jaygee:
as you might have expected, this is what i was hoping to hear !! now, if reaming the

the suppressor works on the DCM barrels.....what effect, if any, do you think it would have on

a standard H-BAR configuration ??? would this mod make sense in an overall accuracy

tune-up ??? this practice goes back to M14NM days, so the idea sounds solid to

me . anyone know the reamer size being used ??? thanks !!!

Derrick Martin (owner of Accuracy Speaks, maker of kick ass ARs, and seriously good shooter in several All Guard Teams) says reaming the FH is not necessay with an AR. So I'm leaving mine alone.

Look at the length and ID of an M14 FH, vs that of an M16 and you will see why.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:07:09 PM EDT
A flash suppressor? GET IT, especially if you want to shoot the rattle battle.

Even as a new shooter, I disagree that it effects accuracy negatively. All the AMU guys use one, and I had a word with the AMU coach at Quantico ( Heumann, sp? ), and he replied in the negative.

Talked to David Kerin about it at Quantico for a quick second as his man center punched the 1,000 yard target time and time again, and he replied in the negative ( he is one of the All Guard shooters )
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:02:56 AM EDT
It has NO effect on accuracy other than to serve as an effective protector for the crown.

Reaming is NOT necessary, the hole in it is at least 1/4" in diameter.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:57:58 AM EDT
This is an easy one, there are many post ban rifles in use as well as both prebans and no bans, if it made a difference, we would be seeing it. Both with and without shoot the same.
Top Top