Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/13/2004 5:53:37 AM EDT
Wondering if anyone has a lead on decent , brass cased non-corrosive 7.62 x 39 ammo to feed my AR?  Checked ammoman and ammostore, but no luck.  Thanks
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:17:09 AM EDT
[#1]
How much money are you looking to spend?

Federal, Remington, and Winchester produce some quality brass cased non-corrosive ammo that shoot decent groups through a Vepr K in 7.62x39 - Be prepared to pay $6+ per box of 20 cartridges though.

However, I found Barnaul 125gr FMJ to shoot very tight groups and to be the best overall 7.62x39
Of course its steel cased and AR owners are rather allergic to using steel cased ammo in their AR.

I have an AR-15 that I built, and a Vepr K. The Vepr chews up whatever ammo I use, but for the AR I stick to proven brass-cased ammo just because it was designed for it. The Veprs and AKs were designed for steel cased ammo. That being said, I think the worst you can do to your AR 7.62x39 upper shooting steel cased ammo is wear out the extractor. They're not all that expensive and easy to replace.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:55:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Wondered about that Cheetah stuff that Vector arms carries.  Anybody use this stuff.  For an AR and a HK
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:08:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:00:18 AM EDT
[#4]
a gun shop that i buy alot from has some south african 7.62x39 in clear heavy plastic battle packs.  If you need a price, call 228-475-4700.  Guns and Ammo is the name of the store.

Adam
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:09:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top