Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 8/19/2004 6:43:10 AM EST
thank god. i was put on "hold" status on the background check with my FFL since it's been a REALLY long time since i've purchased a firearm. he brought it in weith him to work today and apparently the BATF says it's cool for me to own a gun...(my FFL dealer also works in my office... how cool is that?)

anyway, any suggestions as to a pre ban upper i can mate with it for my post sunset weapon? i was thinking about a RRA A2 CAR upper with the mid length handguard...
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:05:55 AM EST
go m4gery
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:31:53 AM EST

Originally Posted By kingpinGTI:
thank god. i was put on "hold" status on the background check with my FFL since it's been a REALLY long time since i've purchased a firearm. he brought it in weith him to work today and apparently the BATF says it's cool for me to own a gun...(my FFL dealer also works in my office... how cool is that?)

anyway, any suggestions as to a pre ban upper i can mate with it for my post sunset weapon? i was thinking about a RRA A2 CAR upper with the mid length handguard...

I dont think it matters how long it has been since you bought a firearm, When I bought my first gun it took like 1 min to complete and when my mom got her first gun in all of her life she's almost 50 it took no time as well.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:22:11 AM EST

Originally Posted By repub18:

Originally Posted By kingpinGTI:

I dont think it matters how long it has been since you bought a firearm, When I bought my first gun it took like 1 min to complete and when my mom got her first gun in all of her life she's almost 50 it took no time as well.

well, i was delayed but i've got the lower in my posession now. signed over to me less than 10 minutes ago. i'm VERY happy. this lower is very light!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:37:35 AM EST
these are just right for the price - i got one a few months ago and am very pleased with it. the only thing is that is is a little tight with some uppers. have fun and stay safe.
mp
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:35:59 AM EST

Originally Posted By mppppp:
these are just right for the price - i got one a few months ago and am very pleased with it. the only thing is that is is a little tight with some uppers. have fun and stay safe.
mp

my only complaint so far is the mag release is a tad 'sticky"
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:52:51 PM EST
The background check goes through the state, not the BATF. I know here in PA, the state system will go down for hours at a time. When that happens, the dealers can't do any transfers. I've been told that Mondays are the most likely time for a delay, imagine that!
Top Top