Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/2/2003 10:11:03 AM EDT
i just got  an ar-15, it is a preban colt sporter match hbar, low serial number mh004xxx,
the barrel says c mp 5.56 nato 1/7 hbar, and the carry handle has a c and h on it, 2 questions, what is it worth and why does mine not have the knob under the rear site, it has something on the side with 5 holes labeled 1-5
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 10:18:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome! Sounds like an older one that came with the A1 upper, I saw one of these several weeks ago. As the value, I don't know. Prices are up/down lately.

Enjoy!

Danny
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 11:08:49 AM EDT
[#2]
cmon i know someones gotta know
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 12:06:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
i just got  an ar-15, it is a preban colt sporter match hbar, low serial number mh004xxx,
the barrel says c mp 5.56 nato 1/7 hbar, and the carry handle has a c and h on it, 2 questions, what is it worth and why does mine not have the knob under the rear site, it has something on the side with 5 holes labeled 1-5
View Quote

If does not have a "knob" it is because the A1 models had the rear sight built into the carry handle. The A2 models had the rear sight assembly as a removable unit that had the "knobs" you describe, actually they are windage and elevation dials.

I don't know Colts that well, but it sounds like an AR15A1 upper receiver to me.

As far as what it is worth, the value of prebans is very much in flux these days,you can search the various preban vendors on the web and see what they are selling for, but with the AWB sunset on the way, its value depends on how you define it. If it was mine, I would hang on to it.

A1 rear sight

[img]http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:KeWGX_pJXUgC:dspace.dial.pipex.com/town[/img]

Link Posted: 11/2/2003 1:37:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I saw a mint pre ban Colt A1 in a local gun shop for $1100.00. He also had a post ban never fired Colt A2 for $999.00.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 2:25:38 PM EDT
[#5]
What ever you can sell it for thats the value of a pre ban ....1100-1600   what ever some one is willing to pay...[argue]
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 5:45:34 PM EDT
[#6]
thanx for the help
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top