Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2002 2:16:54 PM EDT
Just tried out some new XM193 - lot 6 from Ammoman and lot 10 from Wholesale Hunter.

I am getting a HUGE muzzle flash. I did not expect this, since I've been shooting South African previously, which does not have much flash at all. I thought all military ammo had additives in the powder to reduce flash. Is XM193 different? Can someone set me straight?

BTW I'm shooting a Bushmaster M4gery (14.5" barrel) with a Cav Comp brake. (yes, I know that's a flash-prone configuration, but I swear with South African there is hardly any visible blast...)
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 4:19:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Six of one, half a dozen of the other-I get some flash in the daytime out of a Bushy DCM-legal-but my boy's mini-14 with an Eagle suppresor gets none in the daylight I can see, with Lots 2,3 and 6....
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 4:36:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Just tried out some new XM193 - lot 6 from Ammoman and lot 10 from Wholesale Hunter.

I am getting a HUGE muzzle flash. I did not expect this, since I've been shooting South African previously, which does not have much flash at all. I thought all military ammo had additives in the powder to reduce flash. Is XM193 different? Can someone set me straight?

BTW I'm shooting a Bushmaster M4gery (14.5" barrel) with a Cav Comp brake. (yes, I know that's a flash-prone configuration, but I swear with South African there is hardly any visible blast...)

Q. Holy earache Batman!  This Q3131A/Lake City XM193 is really loud and it launches a FIREBALL from my muzzle!  Everyone at the range is looking at me now.  What gives?
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 4:40:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I've found that XM193 has one of the larger flashes of the M193 type loads, while SA produces minimal flash.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 7:09:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks tatjana, I should have checked the FAQ! =) Just didn't expect USGI ammo to flash so much... (but then again, I'm don't have a real A2 FS :[ )
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 7:19:20 PM EDT
[#5]
With genuine US MILITARY M193 ( in brown cartons) with my Mini-14 GB i have no flash whatsoever. It's damn good shit.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top