Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 5/23/2003 4:19:43 PM EDT
For the past year or so I've been trying to figure out what I needed to do in order to get the AK74 brake off my Bushy.
I've read other's posts where people told how to get the old one off, and the posts where people said it was blind pinned and welded, and silver soldered with threads or pressed and soldered. It was beginning to look like a bad idea to get rid of it{the brake}.
Then I read all the good things about KKF's.
Where I found a problem with this route, was the amount of time it "might" take to get it done. Kurts' a popular guy. The more popular a guy is, the longer it might take to get something done.
Well, I was looking over the Maryland's AR site and read some good things about Mike at Ohio Rapid Fire.
I sent Mike an e-mail and he said no problem. So I jumped in my car and drove 3 hours to get there and dropped off my barrel. After about 15 minutes we had a game plan for a permanently sleeved 5.5 inch birdcage FS installed on my 14.5 inch barrel and I headed home.
After 6 days, I had my barrel back and my rifle back together. I took it to the range today and all is good in my little Ar world.
Needless to say I am a very happy customer.
I highly recommend Mike as another source for work that we might need done, but don't have the equipment to handle.
I wish I could post a picture here to show the seemless install.

www.ohiorapidfire.com is the website for the shop.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:23:43 PM EDT
I agree! Mike ([url=ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=25&t=139752]me223[/url] on the EE!) at Ohio Rapid Fire/Star Tactical is a great guy to work with. He is currently doing another pin & weld job for me too.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:45:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:51:48 PM EDT
[:I] Thanks guys! Notack, yours is also on it's way back. Thanks for the work, Mike
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:16:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By me223: [:I] Thanks guys! Notack, yours is also on it's way back. Thanks for the work, Mike
View Quote
[:D]
Top Top