Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/28/2011 3:54:10 AM EDT
Im looking at getting a bcm upper. I want to put a troy flip up rear sight on it. What is the recommended torque on for that? Is everyone using loctite, if so, which one? I want that thing to be SOLID
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 4:19:21 AM EDT
[#1]
use the blue loctite and you are GTG
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 4:49:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

What he said, and hand tight

Link Posted: 12/28/2011 6:28:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What he said, and hand tight

I got a fat wrench, is there not a specific poundage?
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 3:14:30 PM EDT
[#4]
ask  Troy , I have never seen any published data.
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 5:13:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't know of the specific Inch in/lb for it... I'm sure Troy can give you specific data if you feel it is necessary

I have always turned the bolt until snug, then one additional 1/4 turn to torque
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 6:46:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Hardware is a slot head screw. A little past snug should do fine.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:55:09 AM EDT
[#7]
how well do they stay solid. if i go this path it will be a truck gun. so i don't want it to rattle loose.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:45:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
how well do they stay solid. if i go this path it will be a truck gun. so i don't want it to rattle loose.

A drop of blue loctite and hand tight ("snug") plus a quarter turn won't go anywhere unless you put considerable effort with a screwdriver towards it.

You're more or less weakly glueing the threads.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 10:21:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I have three Troy rear folding BUIS and my oldest one is already over six years since I mounted it with medium strength blue Loctite 242 as stated on the Troy instructions.

I just snug it then tightened (not past 1/4 turn) with my hollow ground gunsmith screwdriver.

Here's Troy's instructions and manual for the rear folding BUIS BattleSights.

http://troyind.com/manuals/RearSight_Manual.pdf

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top