Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2003 1:15:03 PM EDT
I have a new 24" stainless AR and am used to just going out and having fun shooting 600 - 800 rounds in a couple of hours in my M4 so i just buy reloaded ammo and do not really know what is good for accuracy so i would like to know what is the best, price doesnt matter.In the 200 - 400 yd range.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 5:17:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Handload.

By far the best accuracy. Cheap. Fun. Recycle your brass. Easy. Satisfaction.

If you would build a rifle, why not build what you feed it?
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 4:48:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Wolf with green cases. Also made in Russia
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 6:12:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Wolf with green cases. Also made in Russia
View Quote

First time I have heard anyone claim Wolf is the most accurate ammo.

For more opinions, look in the Ammunition forum.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 1:19:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Actually Wolf is pretty accurate ammo, the problem is that a lot of idiots shoot it who cant shoot Period so the easiest thing is to blame the Wolf..
I see a lot of Jerks at the range spraying hundreds of rounds of Wolf down range as if they dont expect to actually hit anything, they call spraying money downrange Fun.These are the guys who then go home get on the puter then complains how inaccurate Wolf ammo is or how dirty it shoots because they will actually have to clean thier Guns, They make me Sick.
I despise these Pansies.
                                            Watch the guy who makes every shot count.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 1:48:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey, they aren't all that way.  I spray rounds for fun, but I don't blame the ammo for not hitting anything...

I am no benchrest shooter but I heard the 69g Black Hills ammo is pretty good.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 6:58:16 AM EDT
[#6]
You would have to alter your definition of "accurate" to give that label to Wolf ammo.

Looking for cheap "blasting" ammo, I did some tests on the cheaper stuff...  American Eagle (Federal) .55 gr, PMC .55gr (red/white box), and Wolf.  With my 1-9 twist 20" (off sand bags w/ 18x scope borrowed from my 6mm) I could keep both the Am. Eagle and PMC between 1  to 1 1/2 inches at 100 yards.  Not too bad considering this is a stock gun.  The Wolf would group between 3-4 inches, with a tendancy to string the shots horizontally.  Really not bad either but not what I would term "accurate".

For the money, I really liked the PMC ammo.

Scot  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top