Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/7/2012 6:33:23 PM EDT
how does the MOE handguard attach to thew front of thebarrel?  Is this a good set up?
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:37:12 PM EDT
[#1]
It use the standard  hand guard end cap. For a cheap alternative to the regular hand guards, they cant be beat. I like mine. no wiggle in them at all.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:26:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It use the standard  hand guard end cap. For a cheap alternative to the regular hand guards, they cant be beat. I like mine. no wiggle in them at all.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

This. You don't really see the cap because the handguard extends out past it. But it's in there.

I found this pic that shows it better than I can explain . . .

ETA: I use the MOE and I really like it.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 10:18:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I would take the ladder rail cover off that gas block unless you want a goopy, sticky, hot mess next time you sling lead downrange.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 11:05:28 PM EDT
[#4]
How's the accuracy of these compared to a free-float handguard?  Much of a difference?
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 6:06:04 AM EDT
[#5]
so i could use a low profile gas block with no problems
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 6:41:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
so i could use a low profile gas block with no problems

You can use whatever gas block you want as long as you put a hand guard cap behind it.

Quoted:
How's the accuracy of these compared to a free-float handguard?  Much of a difference?

They're not free float, so they're not going to be any more accurate than the standard plastic hand guards.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 8:48:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I would take the ladder rail cover off that gas block unless you want a goopy, sticky, hot mess next time you sling lead downrange.

Not my pic. And I hadn't really paid any attention to the rail.

But now that you mention it, I see your point. That block is going to get hot and I don't know how much heat one of those ladder covers can withstand.
I'm not exactly sure what their reason was for putting a rail cover there.

––––––-

ETA: Okay, rather than googling for pics I just popped off my MOE and took one of my own.

You can see where the handguards fit into the cap. This is a carbine so it fits a round cap, the longer ones are molded to fit either one.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top