Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2012 6:33:23 PM EDT
how does the MOE handguard attach to thew front of thebarrel? Is this a good set up?
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:37:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/7/2012 6:37:45 PM EDT by DanNH]
It use the standard hand guard end cap. For a cheap alternative to the regular hand guards, they cant be beat. I like mine. no wiggle in them at all.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:26:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/7/2012 7:30:19 PM EDT by TerryC]
Originally Posted By DanNH:
It use the standard hand guard end cap. For a cheap alternative to the regular hand guards, they cant be beat. I like mine. no wiggle in them at all.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

This. You don't really see the cap because the handguard extends out past it. But it's in there.

I found this pic that shows it better than I can explain . . .

ETA: I use the MOE and I really like it.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 10:18:27 PM EDT
I would take the ladder rail cover off that gas block unless you want a goopy, sticky, hot mess next time you sling lead downrange.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 11:05:28 PM EDT
How's the accuracy of these compared to a free-float handguard? Much of a difference?
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 6:06:04 AM EDT
so i could use a low profile gas block with no problems
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 6:41:48 AM EDT
Originally Posted By SHOOTERWEST:
so i could use a low profile gas block with no problems

You can use whatever gas block you want as long as you put a hand guard cap behind it.

Originally Posted By Xyas:
How's the accuracy of these compared to a free-float handguard? Much of a difference?

They're not free float, so they're not going to be any more accurate than the standard plastic hand guards.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 8:48:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/8/2012 10:36:17 AM EDT by TerryC]
Originally Posted By 19Charlie_84:
I would take the ladder rail cover off that gas block unless you want a goopy, sticky, hot mess next time you sling lead downrange.

Not my pic. And I hadn't really paid any attention to the rail.

But now that you mention it, I see your point. That block is going to get hot and I don't know how much heat one of those ladder covers can withstand.
I'm not exactly sure what their reason was for putting a rail cover there.

––––––-

ETA: Okay, rather than googling for pics I just popped off my MOE and took one of my own.

You can see where the handguards fit into the cap. This is a carbine so it fits a round cap, the longer ones are molded to fit either one.

Top Top