Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/28/2006 5:33:09 PM EDT
I just ordered a complete kit from model 1 sales.  Do any of you have any experience with them and do they have good quality parts?  Thanks
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 5:37:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Use the search button, do it for the children.  

<------------Goes to get popcorn.  

Seriously, you're gonna get about 20 replies, half that like em, half that don't.  

By the way, welcome to the board.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 8:48:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I put one together and I like it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 8:53:10 PM EDT
[#3]
All I can say is that they were at the GR Gunshow today and I asked the guy about the buffer tube under the glass.  Me: "Is that a Mil-Spec buffer tube?"  Guy from M1 Sales: "They are all Mil-Spec."  I did this , turned around and walked away.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 3:15:26 AM EDT
[#4]
M1S tends to use parts of questionable manufature (CHICOM?) in some of their kits.

That's probably why some of their prices are so low?

I bought a bolt carrier group from them about a year or so ago, it would'nt cycle properly, in any rifle I tried to use it in.  I switched out the bolt and it worked fine.  I determined that the bolt had to have been out of spec or defective somehow.  (I oculd'nt see anything visible).

They gave me a ration of shit to return it, I ended up getting stuck with it, I threw the bolt in the trash (put a used Colt one in the carrier) and kept the carrier.  (it's still running fine)
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:18:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Have ordered kits from Del-Ton and Model 1. After placing my order to Model 1, I called them and changed a couple things on the kit. They called me at home to tell me the kit had been shipped and to check it when it arrived and if it wasn't exactly as i wanted that i should refuse the order and have it sent back. All was just as ordered.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:00:21 PM EDT
[#6]
i have put 5 different kits together from them, had a minor charging handle probleman and the sentout a new one, great kits, and they work fine
todd
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:56:08 PM EDT
[#7]
We have ordered and put together a few kits from them.  Some of their pins need work to fit properly.  But other then that their kits aren't to bad.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top