Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/27/2003 5:55:20 PM EDT
i have a post ban bushmaster m4a3 w/ a wilson combat muzzle brake. i don't know why they call it a tactical brake, if you were to use it you have to wear hearing protection. anyway i want to buy a standard threaded mock flash hider.  i forget who makes one. looks like a a2 flash hider but no holes and no slots. rifle looks incomplete with out something on the barrel. i was even thinking of having my gunsmith press one on. like RRA does. thanks BILLYXM15
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 6:06:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Kurt's Kustom Firearms has spend a lot of time developing some products.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 6:59:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I would wait and see what happens with the AWB.

You never know you might just be able to get a real one come september 2004.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 9:12:49 PM EDT
[#3]
So you don't like the Wilson muzzle brake??  I have been looking at these also and was about to buy one for my postban.

Wilson basically bills this tactical brake as being very close to a flash hider.  Does anyone know if this is the closest legal thing to a flash hider or is their a muzzle brake that does a better job of hiding the flash?  

Here is the description for the Wilson Tactical Muzzle Brake: "Not only does this muzzle brake reduce the muzzle rise to an absolute minimum, it looks very similar to the original pre ban 'bird cage' flashider"

Link Posted: 10/27/2003 9:48:58 PM EDT
[#4]
why hell buy mine and i'll pay for shipping. how does $25.00 sound? in great shape w/ set screw. it looks awesome, you will never have ear plugs in a fire fight and if you did you better not use them. then why have a gun you can't use in real life situation. i'll just buy a kkg mock hider and sell the wilson. it does keep the muzzle flip down and looks like a pre ban model. i varmint hunt with my bushmaster so i need to be able to shoot it without hearing protection. let me know if you want it. BILLYXM15
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 7:51:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Wait for AW Ban to expire....It will
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 9:25:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a phantom flash hider on my rifle and I still need earplugs.My RRA faux flash hider also required me to wear hearing protection.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 10:41:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
why hell buy mine and i'll pay for shipping. how does $25.00 sound? in great shape w/ set screw. it looks awesome, you will never have ear plugs in a fire fight and if you did you better not use them. then why have a gun you can't use in real life situation. i'll just buy a kkg mock hider and sell the wilson. it does keep the muzzle flip down and looks like a pre ban model. i varmint hunt with my bushmaster so i need to be able to shoot it without hearing protection. let me know if you want it. BILLYXM15
View Quote

I can get a new one for 34, but if its that loud Im sure my muzzle brake is the same.  I was more interested in finding the closest legal thing to a flash hider.  Perhaps I should just wait and see if the ban gets renewed.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top