Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/27/2003 5:55:20 PM EDT
i have a post ban bushmaster m4a3 w/ a wilson combat muzzle brake. i don't know why they call it a tactical brake, if you were to use it you have to wear hearing protection. anyway i want to buy a standard threaded mock flash hider. i forget who makes one. looks like a a2 flash hider but no holes and no slots. rifle looks incomplete with out something on the barrel. i was even thinking of having my gunsmith press one on. like RRA does. thanks BILLYXM15
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 6:06:25 PM EDT
Kurt's Kustom Firearms has spend a lot of time developing some products.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 6:59:40 PM EDT
I would wait and see what happens with the AWB. You never know you might just be able to get a real one come september 2004.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 9:12:49 PM EDT
So you don't like the Wilson muzzle brake?? I have been looking at these also and was about to buy one for my postban. Wilson basically bills this tactical brake as being very close to a flash hider. Does anyone know if this is the closest legal thing to a flash hider or is their a muzzle brake that does a better job of hiding the flash? Here is the description for the Wilson Tactical Muzzle Brake: "Not only does this muzzle brake reduce the muzzle rise to an absolute minimum, it looks very similar to the original pre ban 'bird cage' flashider"
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 9:48:58 PM EDT
why hell buy mine and i'll pay for shipping. how does $25.00 sound? in great shape w/ set screw. it looks awesome, you will never have ear plugs in a fire fight and if you did you better not use them. then why have a gun you can't use in real life situation. i'll just buy a kkg mock hider and sell the wilson. it does keep the muzzle flip down and looks like a pre ban model. i varmint hunt with my bushmaster so i need to be able to shoot it without hearing protection. let me know if you want it. BILLYXM15
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 7:51:26 AM EDT
Wait for AW Ban to expire....It will
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 9:25:25 AM EDT
I have a phantom flash hider on my rifle and I still need earplugs.My RRA faux flash hider also required me to wear hearing protection.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 10:41:44 AM EDT
Originally Posted By billyxm15: why hell buy mine and i'll pay for shipping. how does $25.00 sound? in great shape w/ set screw. it looks awesome, you will never have ear plugs in a fire fight and if you did you better not use them. then why have a gun you can't use in real life situation. i'll just buy a kkg mock hider and sell the wilson. it does keep the muzzle flip down and looks like a pre ban model. i varmint hunt with my bushmaster so i need to be able to shoot it without hearing protection. let me know if you want it. BILLYXM15
View Quote
I can get a new one for 34, but if its that loud Im sure my muzzle brake is the same. I was more interested in finding the closest legal thing to a flash hider. Perhaps I should just wait and see if the ban gets renewed.
Top Top