Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2003 5:15:37 PM EDT
I will be getting an AR soon but I can`t decide on wether I want mid-length or CAR handgaurds. What are their differences?
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 5:22:40 PM EDT
[#1]
The biggest difference is that the mid-length rifles have a greater distance between the front and rear sight. This is supposed to translate into more accurate shooting. Of course the handgaurds are longer on the mid-length as well.

There was a post a couple of weeks ago, where people posted some pics of their mid-length rifles.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 5:28:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought mid lenth because the shorter stock was too short.. im 6'3" and got long arms, it just was not comfortable to shoot.  I didnt want full lenth because i wanted a CAR.. I love my mid lenth, personaly i think different is better.....just my .02..
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 5:37:48 PM EDT
[#3]
[url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=167601&w=searchPop]Pics[/url]
[url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=167092&w=searchPop]Pics[/url]
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 6:10:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 6:25:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 8:43:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I really like mid-length handguards for the reasons already mentioned.

However, options for rifles with them are a little more limited than for rifles with the standard length handguards.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 8:14:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Smoother cycling with lower gas impulse, increased long term reliability over standard carbines.
View Quote

This brings up a good point, because some mid-lengths may not have the longer gas system incorporated into them.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top