Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2014 1:58:51 PM EDT
So from my last post I decided to get a melonite barrel cause it seems best for what I will be using it for. Now my question is what are some good sites to look them up and find them? I am still new to finding ar-15 sites to look that up so any sites that have them would we really helpful.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:03:29 PM EDT
[#1]
MAS Defense, CMMG...
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:11:08 PM EDT
[#2]
S and w 15 sport has a melonite barrel.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:20:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Both Midway and PSA have Voodoo melonited barrels, usually in the $180-200 range.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:12:26 PM EDT
[#4]
The online store has nitride barrels.  I bought a 16" heavy and shoot 1 MOA with factory loads and would buy another and they are on sale for $119.00
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:23:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Only slightly OT, but for the folks that buy a melonite barrel it's very on topic.

I asked this question here a couple of months ago, but never got a reply.  So here it is again.

With the lugs on the barrel extension being melonite treated, it would seem to me that the bolt lugs would have to be melonited too ?  Otherwise if the melonite treatment is as hard ad they say,  it would seem the barrel extension would "chew up " the bolt lugs in no time.  Which would necessitate buying a melonite treated BCG also, true, or  false ?

I had wanted to build a melonite rifle, but couldn't get enough solid information to make me feel comfortable.  Besides that, I had a brand New Armalite complete upper, so I decided it made more sense to finish the Armalite first.

TIA

Bang-Flop
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 12:36:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Only slightly OT, but for the folks that buy a melonite barrel it's very on topic.

I asked this question here a couple of months ago, but never got a reply.  So here it is again.

With the lugs on the barrel extension being melonite treated, it would seem to me that the bolt lugs would have to be melonited too ?  Otherwise if the melonite treatment is as hard ad they say,  it would seem the barrel extension would "chew up " the bolt lugs in no time.  Which would necessitate buying a melonite treated BCG also, true, or  false ?

I had wanted to build a melonite rifle, but couldn't get enough solid information to make me feel comfortable.  Besides that, I had a brand New Armalite complete upper, so I decided it made more sense to finish the Armalite first.

TIA

Bang-Flop
View Quote

No, not not necessary. If your theory were true, there would be high numbers if early failures of bcg's.  Ain't happening.  I've been running a melonite barrel for about 1,500 rounds now and see no evidence of bcg wear.  I realize that is a low round count, but no one is reporting a problem.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top